Author Topic: Replacement oil for450i sidebyside  (Read 602 times)

jimbos

• View Profile
Replacement oil for450i sidebyside
« on: December 30, 2021, 12:21:43 AM »
She’ll rotella oil is not in production now what is a good replacement oil for 450i side by side

airshot

• View Profile
Re: Replacement oil for450i sidebyside
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2021, 09:25:12 PM »
Not sure where your located but plentifull around my area.  The only critical thing is the jasco rating for wet clutches!!  Most oil containers state whether wet clutch compatible.  For year round use the 5w-40 is a good choice unless you have extreme cold well below 0.... Then a lighter weight like 0w - 20 etc can be used.  I highly recomend a synthetic oil as thevthermal break down is far less than dino oil.  Lots of folks run dino oil with no issues so your call.  Stay with a popular brand and you will be fine.

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2022, 01:34:01 AM »
Wholy crap....where is the pour spout??

mstparker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2022, 11:22:07 PM »
Not sure where your located but plentifull around my area.  The only critical thing is the jasco rating for wet clutches!!  Most oil containers state whether wet clutch compatible.  For year round use the 5w-40 is a good choice unless you have extreme cold well below 0.... Then a lighter weight like 0w - 20 etc can be used.  I highly recomend a synthetic oil as thevthermal break down is far less than dino oil.  Lots of folks run dino oil with no issues so your call.  Stay with a popular brand and you will be fine.
Just tried to find some locally here. None. Advance, oreilly, walmart, out. So I picked up a gallon of Mobile 1 Delvac esp in 5w40. Hope it works, API SN so should be good. Any opinions?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2022, 11:25:36 PM by mstparker »

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2022, 12:04:42 AM »
Have never used the mobile but, I hear only good things about it.  Full synthetic???

mstparker

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2022, 12:39:31 AM »
Have never used the mobile but, I hear only good things about it.  Full synthetic???

Yes.
Also, I stopped in at the dealer I got my 2015 450i from. They had zero units. One of the young salesmen said China was trying to choke S. Koreas economy and they can’t get any. Some parts are hard to get too, he said.

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2022, 05:03:24 PM »
Yes.
Also, I stopped in at the dealer I got my 2015 450i from. They had zero units. One of the young salesmen said China was trying to choke S. Koreas economy and they can’t get any. Some parts are hard to get too, he said.
Yes, that has been going on for some time, China was never happy when Taiwan broke away from China control and has been causing them all kinds of problems.  The virus hit Taiwan really hard as well so production of everything has been slow andvthen slow shipping onbtip of that!!!!  Not a pretty picture for us.  I have a dealer down south where I get parts from called " Leesons ArticCat" andvthey have been able to get me what I have needed, but honestly that hasnt been much.  Nice people to do business with.  My local dealer has issues with stock as well andvthey are small, where Leesons seems to be a bigger dealer and appears to have a good stock.  Now...if this inflation doesnt bankrupt us.......

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()