Author Topic: Issue Starting Kymco Super 8 2015 4T  (Read 429 times)

jceppetelli

• View Profile
Issue Starting Kymco Super 8 2015 4T
« on: March 05, 2018, 03:49:50 PM »
Hi,

If anyone has any advice related to my situation that would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance. 

So initially I drilled a few small holes in the airbox to try to get some more air going, and then I went to the carb to try to install a larger main jet but once I tried to do so I realized that the ones that I had purchased were much too small and must have been intended for a different carb.  So I put it back together and it started up for me and ran fine that night.  Later that night though I realized that it seemed to be idling very low and if I was sitting still for me it would shut off, which had never happened to me before(it did this twice that night). 

So, the next day I went to start and had no luck either with the electric or with the kickstart so I covered up the holes in the airbox with lots of duct tape(perhaps some air is still leaking however?) and still was unable to start.  Then, later that night I  was able to start it up a few times and run it for a little but idling for too long it would shut off on me.  Since then I have had no luck starting again. 

I realized though that it must be a fuel related issue because yesterday I sprayed starter fluid into the airbox and was able to start it up.   Then I adjusted the idle speed screw down to a lower level because I realized the idle seemed pretty high, so after doing so the idle was much smoother.  It ran fine for me and was able to turn it on and off at several points for an hour and a half.  Then, after that I would turn it on and it would idle for a second then shut off on me.  After a few tries, and giving it some gas it would start up and run fine for me but then if I idled too long it would shut off on me. 

Any suggestions as far as what could be causing this? I ordered a new spark plug and it came in today so I plan to swap that out.  Another thing that I have read about people experiencing issues with is the air/fuel mix screw, could this be my issue?

Thank you again, Joe

jceppetelli

• View Profile
Re: Issue Starting Kymco Super 8 2015 4T
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2018, 03:01:48 AM »
please!! any suggestions would be very helpful.  thank you

LidoCA

• I LIKE chinese plastic.
    • View Profile
Re: Issue Starting Kymco Super 8 2015 4T
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2018, 03:33:42 AM »
 I have no idea what is wrong with your fuel system. Squirting starter fluid in the air box started the bike for a while. It seems that something is restricting fuel flow or mixture. Your post has brought up more questions for me than answers. Reading about drilling holes in the air box stopped me from reading the rest of the post. Curiosity brought me back.  Check the Super 8 sections to see if this has been brought up before. Maybe, someone else that is better at carb problems than me can help.
Steve
I have ridden well over 17 miles on my scooters.

2013 LIKE 200i LX.
2016 Yamaha SMax
2014 Yamaha Majesty
La Mirada, Ca.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()