Author Topic: kymco agility first service questions?  (Read 1952 times)

bluescoot125

• View Profile
kymco agility first service questions?
« on: July 02, 2014, 10:12:11 PM »
just bought a 2013 kymco agility 125. its almost ready to have its first service and I would like to avoid taking it to the dealer. I can change oil, gear oil, and after watching videos I think I can adjust valves.
QUESTIONS:
    1) What is the valve clearance supposed to be?
     2)manual says tighten nuts and bolts. what ones?
     3)says to inspect brakes. does that really just mean check fluid and operation?
     4)says inspect carb. if its running ok is there anything needed?

blue

• View Profile
Re: kymco agility first service questions?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 10:20:02 PM »
If you can do most the work your self no need to take in.dont touch tthe valves unless you think the scoot is running poorly.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 10:23:06 PM »
One more thing your scoot should last 3 years with almost nothing done to it but oil and gear oil and new plug.

wkreps

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2014, 02:48:14 PM »
As far as nuts and bolts, any exposed that you can find. Start in a spot and work your way around the scoot. Guarantee you'll find a couple that need snugging up. While you are at it, give a look for ones that may have come out.
Wayne

bluescoot125

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 12:08:09 AM »
thanks for the replies keep them coming

speedysuper8

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2014, 06:05:27 PM »
Blue your crazy to wait until u feel trouble to adjust your valves, if they run tight to long that could damage the valve seat on the valve or the head. The periodic maintenance chart exists for a reason. I always keep up with items according to the scheduled time and follow the repair manual to get the job done right. Would you wait until you run out of gas to fill your tank up? Treat your scooter how u like but be careful giving out bad advice to beginners. Just sayin....

bluescoot125

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2014, 03:02:34 PM »
should I attempt it myself or leave it to a mechanic? also its difficult to find the correct valve clearance. everyone has their own opinion. and should it be done cold or hot?

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2014, 03:20:11 PM »
Yeah don't wait tell it feels bad to do the valves, they are easy to check. .1mm or .04" for exhaust and intake. You want the fertility gauge to feel snug in the valve gap, not tight bit not lose.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2014, 03:20:52 PM »
Oh yeah, always adjust with a totally cold engine.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

bluescoot125

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2014, 07:45:04 PM »
Ok. I'll check them when I get around to it and post what I find here. Anything I should know when taking stuff apart?

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()