Author Topic: Extreme gas vapor smell in house after parking my 2014 agility 50 in my garage  (Read 5514 times)

vicfromny

• View Profile
Thanks for the advice, De Dee.
Will check that out too.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
   your house should be sealed from the garage,  when the door is shut, if not check it out! your life is in the balance,

Good point Dee.
It's the law in most states.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

vicfromny

• View Profile
Dealer has the agility 50 for 8 days now,...I decided to bring it in due to warranty. He is replacing carb due to split gasket,...so I guess I was smelling raw gas fumes after all! If it's fixed properly it was worth the wait. I'll pick it up tomorrow.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
Well worth the wait. I'm glad to hear you have it sorted out.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Me too, glad it is fixed! Just another example of how POOR these dealer techs are. You will find the answer on this forum and not at any dealer. Well, maybe one dealer, somewhere. I just don't know where....

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
I think the problem lies in the fact there are so few scooters, and obviously far less dedicated scooter dealers.
There are a few shops in Tallahassee that sell scoots but only one scooter only shop. That shop had their fresh out of high school son as their mechanic, and honestly he could not spell scooter in the beginning.
The motorcycle shops all put "the new kid" on scooters, and they are just as bad. I've been a mechanic my entire life, and I can count all the great mechanics I have met on the fingers/toes I have. Most just take these jobs because they can't hack Mickey D's, and wind up working for whatever city they live in working on lawn mowers/weed wackers.

Your point about the forum(s) is validated mainly because of the vast pool of combined experience we have.
What puzzles me is the fact there are not more qualified mechanics on this or other scooter forums. B&L is the ONLY full time scooter mechanic (that I know of) on this forum. I think it is a GREAT thing he is doing here, both for the membership, and his career. If more shops had guys that followed his lead... There would be no need for the forum.
If I didn't find Kymco forum I would have junked my bike the first time it broke, and I had to pay 70.00 bucks for a CDI.
I imagine the same could be said for most if not all of the membership here.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 06:35:39 PM by zombie »

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
I think the problem lies in the fact there are so few scooters, and obviously far less dedicated scooter dealers.
There are a few shops in Tallahassee that sell scoots but only one scooter only shop. That shop had their fresh out of high school son as their mechanic, and honestly he could not spell scooter in the beginning.
The motorcycle shops all put "the new kid" on scooters, and they are just as bad. I've been a mechanic my entire life, and I can count all the great mechanics I have met on the fingers/toes I have. Most just take these jobs because they can't hack Mickey D's, and wind up working for whatever city they live in working on lawn mowers/weed wackers.

Your point about the forum(s) is validated mainly because of the vast pool of combined experience we have.
What puzzles me is the fact there are not more qualified mechanics on this or other scooter forums. B&L is the ONLY full time scooter mechanic (that I know of) on this forum. I think it is a GREAT thing he is doing here, both for the membership, and his career. If more shops had guys that followed his lead... There would be no need for the forum.
If I didn't find Kymco forum I would have junked my bike the first time it broke, and I had to pay 70.00 bucks for a CDI.
I imagine the same could be said for most if not all of the membership here.

👆 ☝ ☝😎
I wish more than anything that the guys at kymco USA had a presence on here, they have some really good techs there that have helped me step through mystery bikes. I have found that motorcycle shops, even ones that sell scooters don't like them and hardly support parts at all other than special order. I love keeping peoples bikes running and hope to open my own shop soon here in Portland.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
When America goes to sh**, I hope I will have an empty shop next door (in New Zealand) that you can call home.

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
It's only a 5 month voyage via sailboat
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
I'll send a plane. First 5 bottles of hootch, are on the house. After that I'll have a body bag waiting for you.

vicfromny

• View Profile
Thanks to all for your remarks. The forum is truly a great place to learn. My Agility 50 is now ODOR FREE!!!! Same carb, but with a new gasket. The original gasket had a cut or split and was leaking. Thanks again Zombie for making me check this out MYSELF and bringing it to the mechanics attention. Garage smells nice again!!!!
Ciao for now,....
Vic From NY
PS: LOVE my Scoot!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 11:55:44 AM by vicfromny »

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
Yo!

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
Score!!! 👍 👍 👍 👍

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()