Author Topic: Say Hello fron Brazil. Speedometer and outher things  (Read 1130 times)

fabiopasche

• View Profile
Say Hello fron Brazil. Speedometer and outher things
« on: August 16, 2018, 02:27:14 PM »
 :-[

Hi all, my name is Fabio, im from Brazil,

Found this forum to try got helps about my new scooter, Kymco DonwTonw 300i

I have a lot of questions about this scooter, but first of all, sorry for my inglish, o know basic words only ...

The orange color is wonderful.

Recently I got involved in an accident. Because of this, I'm painting the bike in yellow, similar to the Chev Camaro (soon photos).

I tried to change the color of the speedometer, but getting demage.

Original 300i

Looking at google, I found perfect speedometer

This is fron DonwTonw 125i

My question is, can i use it on ly 300i ?

Congratulations to all and thanks for the help
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 02:29:06 PM by fabiopasche »

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Say Hello fron Brazil. Speedometer and outher things
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2018, 04:04:19 PM »
Your English is fine! Welcome! We have several DT300I people here so you should get some answers. Check the wiring diagrams for both DT300I and DT125I to find if both the same. The blue speedometer should work if the wiring diagrams are the same.
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

kneeslider

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2018, 01:53:28 AM »
If it works..... how will it fit?
2019 Yamaha X-Max 250

beermak

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2018, 02:45:04 AM »
Dont think so.. size and shape are differrent. If you want s different color just change the led bulbs ;)

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

fabiopasche

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2018, 01:18:34 PM »
Your English is fine! Welcome! We have several DT300I people here so you should get some answers. Check the wiring diagrams for both DT300I and DT125I to find if both the same. The blue speedometer should work if the wiring diagrams are the same.

Most of my English is made by Google Translate.

Good morning, thank you for reply. I do not understand anything about mechanics.

What I noticed is that the fixing plugs are similar.

I just looked at pictures on the internet, and I can not tell if they really work.

To be sure, I have to do import of the speedometer and US Euro or USA Dollar values ​​are very much compared to Brazil BLR.

We do not have 125i here.

fabiopasche

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2018, 01:23:06 PM »
If it works..... how will it fit?

Good morning, I believe, be simple. Physically they look very similar. What do you think about ??

fabiopasche

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2018, 01:25:53 PM »
Dont think so.. size and shape are differrent. If you want s different color just change the led bulbs ;)

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Good Mourning

I tried, paid for the service, but my speedometer was damaged in the process :-\

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2018, 06:42:53 PM »
Speedo, tachometer and information panel all one assembly. Plugs will have to exactly the same.
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

fabiopasche

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2018, 09:25:30 PM »
Speedo, tachometer and information panel all one assembly. Plugs will have to exactly the same.

Hi bro..

But what about the functions? And the fixing screws

A friend told me that speed readers and some other information can be interpreted differently than the original speedometer

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2018, 09:43:43 PM »
Front wheel and tire must be the same, tone wheel (silver disc with slots) must be the same for speedo to read correctly. That's why you have to be careful in study of both types. The DT300I and the DT125I are probably the same bike with different size engine but that is a guess. Kymco has been known to re-think different models. You should just change the bulbs for color in the correct instrument assembly.
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

fabiopasche

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2018, 10:23:00 PM »
Front wheel and tire must be the same, tone wheel (silver disc with slots) must be the same for speedo to read correctly. That's why you have to be careful in study of both types. The DT300I and the DT125I are probably the same bike with different size engine but that is a guess. Kymco has been known to re-think different models. You should just change the bulbs for color in the correct instrument assembly.

Hi

I think the same, but I'm not a mechanic, so I'll wait for the opinion of who can guarantee us that it works fine or not ...

I'll have to find out how this piece arrives in Brazil later

EvilTessmacher

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2018, 01:10:50 AM »
Perdoe meu português, também estou usando o Google Translate.

Posso sugerir que você faça como foi sugerido, e simplesmente mude as lâmpadas dentro da unidade do velocímetro para a cor que você gostaria? Esta será a opção mais simples e menos dispendiosa para você. Foi sugerido três vezes agora, e cada vez que você aparentemente examinou. As pessoas neste fórum são muito bem informadas, e se elas lhe disserem que mudar as luzes no velocímetro é a coisa mais fácil de fazer, então você deve ouvir esse conselho.

Se você não acha que pode fazê-lo sozinho, encontre um grupo local de entusiastas de eletrônicos, entusiastas de controle de rádio ou um grupo de "fabricantes" que gostam de mexer em gadgets. Eles quase certamente serão capazes de ajudá-lo, e você poderá fazer novos amigos lá. Há também um bom número de tutoriais sobre como trocar as lâmpadas em unidades de velocímetro em scooters, e essas podem ser encontradas no YouTube ou em outros lugares na Internet.

Boa sorte para você.
Two things to consider...
1) The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse always gets the cheese.
2) Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.

---
2018 Kymco 400i - "Diana"
2013 Honda PCX - "Natasha"
1982 Honda PA-50

fabiopasche

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2018, 05:27:33 PM »
Perdoe meu português, também estou usando o Google Translate.

Posso sugerir que você faça como foi sugerido, e simplesmente mude as lâmpadas dentro da unidade do velocímetro para a cor que você gostaria? Esta será a opção mais simples e menos dispendiosa para você. Foi sugerido três vezes agora, e cada vez que você aparentemente examinou. As pessoas neste fórum são muito bem informadas, e se elas lhe disserem que mudar as luzes no velocímetro é a coisa mais fácil de fazer, então você deve ouvir esse conselho.

Se você não acha que pode fazê-lo sozinho, encontre um grupo local de entusiastas de eletrônicos, entusiastas de controle de rádio ou um grupo de "fabricantes" que gostam de mexer em gadgets. Eles quase certamente serão capazes de ajudá-lo, e você poderá fazer novos amigos lá. Há também um bom número de tutoriais sobre como trocar as lâmpadas em unidades de velocímetro em scooters, e essas podem ser encontradas no YouTube ou em outros lugares na Internet.

Boa sorte para você.

Olá, seu português é ótimo ..  :P

Eu tentei trocar as cores, mas meu painel foi danificado. Estou com problemas nos marcadores de combustível e algumas outras informações no display central, não aparecem mais

Vou ter que comprar outro painel de qualquer forma

Hello, your Portuguese is great ..: P

I tried to change the colors, but my panel was damaged. I'm having problems with the fuel markers and some other information on the central display, they no longer appear

I'll have to buy another panel anyway

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()