Author Topic: Will any carb work for 2006 agility  (Read 457 times)

andy670ho

• View Profile
Will any carb work for 2006 agility
« on: July 11, 2022, 02:30:04 PM »
It’s time for a new carb and I see the new ones from Kymco are $150. Looking to get a replacement from Parts for Scooters. I see the bodies are a bit different so wondering if that matters? Has anyone replaced their carb with a different one? If so which one? Thanks. This a 2006 agility 50 4t

eamartin

• View Profile
Re: Will any carb work for 2006 agility
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2022, 02:45:22 PM »
Which carb are you looking at from Parts for Scooters?  I tried an el cheapo carb from Amazon for my Agility.  Not a good decision.  I ended up using the jets from the Amazon carb in the Agility carb.  The Kymco carb is actually a good tunable unit. 

andy670ho

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2022, 02:58:12 PM »
Which carb are you looking at from Parts for Scooters?  I tried an el cheapo carb from Amazon for my Agility.  Not a good decision.  I ended up using the jets from the Amazon carb in the Agility carb.  The Kymco carb is actually a good tunable unit.
I would like to keep the oem one but can’t find a new float bowl gasket for it and it’s leaking pretty bad. Any idea where to get oem parts for that carb?

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2022, 02:05:51 AM »
just a thought...went to kymcopartsonline to look at schematics...nothing for your specific model carb but they People S50 is a 4 stroke 50cc..see link...does this look like your carb? Lots of Kymco parts are shared between models.

http://kymcopartsonline.com/catalog/search_diagram_detail.php?s_fk_manufacturers_id=21&s_fk_model_year_id=1&s_fk_scooter_model_id=8&s_parts_diagram_id=146

2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650 - work in progress

JJJoseph

• Kymco Sento
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2022, 05:45:13 AM »
Cheap carburetors may fit but they're really junk.  They're poorly made, they leak, and mostly they're a menace to mankind.  Keihin carbs are excellent quality, even the ones made in China. Kymco carbs are well made but I don't like the tuning. Otherwise they're OK.  It's possibly worth buying a cheap clone carb just to get the gaskets and fittings since Chinese tech is based on everything being swappable. So a back-yard sand-cast carb may have Keihin gaskets.  But it's always a bit of a crap-shoot.  PS: the neoprene gaskets last for a lifetime, and are nearly always salvageable. Maybe look online for a Chinese Keihin carb?  Just sayin'

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()