Author Topic: Carb Inlet?  (Read 229 times)

Togger

• View Profile
Carb Inlet?
« on: November 03, 2021, 01:26:23 AM »
On my carb, on the air intake side, there is a short gold projection or inlet in the body of the carb. See the image attached which isn't exactly like mine. But it appears to be blocked off, not by gunk, but intentionally. What is this for. I thought it would be for a quick shot of fuel, but nothing could come out of it the way it's set.

eamartin

• View Profile
Re: Carb Inlet?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2021, 02:09:46 AM »
Are you referring to the upright (at about the 11:00 position) projection?  If so, there is a hole drilled into the side of that projection on the other side which you cannot see.  When you pump the carb, fuel is pumped through that hole toward the needle and slide giving the carb and additional shot of fuel.  I used this accelerator pump when starting my Agility 50.  It seemed to help.   

Togger

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2021, 02:19:04 AM »
Are you referring to the upright (at about the 11:00 position) projection?  If so, there is a hole drilled into the side of that projection on the other side which you cannot see.  When you pump the carb, fuel is pumped through that hole toward the needle and slide giving the carb and additional shot of fuel.  I used this accelerator pump when starting my Agility 50.  It seemed to help.   
If you mean the gold projection pointing to 11 o'clock, yes. I didn't know there is a whole on the other side.

eamartin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2021, 10:33:43 AM »
See that horizontal rod with the rubber boot on the lower right?  That's the pump rod which squirts the fuel.  If I recall, the little reservoir for this is gravity-fed.  So it's only good for a squirt or two.  Then it takes some time to replenish via gravity.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()