Author Topic: New scoot...lots of oil...need some advice  (Read 5378 times)

DaveABQ

• View Profile
Re: New scoot...lots of oil...need some advice
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2012, 04:05:50 AM »
Does the Yager check air density coming in between the air filter and injector?  If it does won't burn it up without the filter is it changes for density.  Now this depends o if the ECU adjusts for oxygen etc, but if it only adjusts for exhaust O2, then it could be a problem.

Glad to hear you have it running well, still need to check it all out.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2012, 06:03:29 AM »
Alot of the gy6 engines have the same set up. Goofey ass breathing thru the cvt...
I thought the air box tube was off the carb. Cool...
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2012, 06:19:19 AM »
Does the Yager check air density coming in between the air filter and injector?  If it does won't burn it up without the filter is it changes for density.  Now this depends o if the ECU adjusts for oxygen etc, but if it only adjusts for exhaust O2, then it could be a problem.

Glad to hear you have it running well, still need to check it all out.

You mean a MAF sensor? I dunno if there's is one. Let's ask the guys here... Guys?

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2012, 06:54:45 AM »
IDK?????? That is where it would need to be if it were an FI scoot
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2012, 07:16:58 AM »
Dave is referring to the Mass Air Flow sensor (MAF).  A mass air flow sensor is used to find out the mass flowrate of air entering a fuel-injected internal combustion engine. The air mass information is necessary for the engine control unit (ECU) to balance and deliver the correct fuel mass to the engine. Air changes its density as it expands and contracts with temperature and pressure. Air density varies with the ambient temperature, altitude and the use of forced induction, which means that mass flow sensors are more appropriate than volumetric flow sensors for determining the quantity of intake air in each piston stroke.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2012, 07:21:57 AM »
SEE Now if they could just find a way to use all that to get gas inside :P the engine. It would be Ideal!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2012, 07:30:17 AM »
My baddddddd I saw the gy6 thing, and forgot this was a 200i. Still is most likely...
I just looked at the parts diagrams. There is No maf/map sensor listed. There may be a vacuum flow port in the throttle body instead. I'd assume it was safe to run. No worries.
still...

retread

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2012, 12:45:36 PM »
that square hole in the bottom of the cvt case is where the yager actually breathes from

..really?
                                                          yep !  pull your box with seat and follow the air intake.  like zombie said,  goofy !

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2012, 05:56:04 AM »
..i'll say so..lol..that is goofy...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2012, 06:21:28 AM »
The whole deal sucks road debris straight into every moving part of the cvt, and then drops it all in the air box! WTF!

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2012, 06:23:08 AM »
..makes no sense to me...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()