Author Topic: Changing Oil  (Read 4838 times)

CapnJ

• View Profile
Re: Changing Oil
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2011, 12:46:33 PM »
fshfindr,
              Sure we can get together sometime. I'll be down at the tug tomorrow, we have to move it at 1500 so we can take a group out at 1800. We're at the north end of Penn's Landing, right behind a barge.
2 wheels is 2 wheels, But China Ain't Taiwan.

fshfindr

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2011, 06:20:23 PM »
CaptJ, sorry I couldn't make it today.  I got tied up with a few things and checking the air filter took a lot longer than expected.  We still should do it another time.  I'm still looking forward to crossing The Ben.  I thought the air filter would be simple enough, and it should have been.  That is until the inlet hose came off at the top end.  After about a half hour, I decided that these arthritic fingers just could not do it.  After a short break I decided to try from the top and took off the seat and met-in (I still think it is a strange name), and lo and behold, it was a piece of cake.  I'm still glad that I did it even though it still looked new with no oil in it.
As a side note, I like to fly a flag from my Yager, it looks good and maybe more people will see me.  All I have is a short pc of hose, cable tied to the rear rack.  I would somehow like to attach it to the seat back but I can't get the padding off.  Does anyone know how to remove the padding?  Thanks.

Update: 7.17.11  I still can't get the padding off of the seat back.  It looks like it has to be pried off but I don't want to chip the paint or scratch something.  There must be a way.

UPDATE: 7.18.11 it turns out that the backrest is clipped on.  To take it off you squeeze a screwdriver behind the pad and carefully push the handle forward so that you don't damage the frame that is around the pad.  The padding will pop off.  It was pretty tight so I put a little grease on the clips before I replaced the pad.  Since I had the grease out I also put a little more on the seat latch.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 06:05:33 PM by fshfindr »
Richard L. in Bellmawr
Keep The Rubber Side Down & The Helmet Side Up

PassedByAScooter

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2012, 10:28:37 PM »
Walmart sells a big syringe called the "Hopkins mixmizer" . It sure makes the task easier . Good luck .

Picked one of these up a couple days ago! Goodness how easy things are now! I've been having to do all maintenance as quickly as possible due to work and other obligations that I just cannot keep up with, so I just never took the time to find an easier way to measure and "deliver" the gear oil. Then I read your post the same day we were heading to Walmart...
Thanks for the advice!

PBAS

2010 Kymco Yager
2009 Kymco Agility 125

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()