Author Topic: Bleeding brakes  (Read 11232 times)

Bryan

• View Profile
Re: Bleeding brakes
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2010, 09:44:32 AM »
Hi Shaka, I would love a copy of the manual, how many of those mega-things or giga-things is it and will it not be too big to e-mail. This computer age is something, my kids say, later Dad too busy, and the first grandkid is only two weeks old and not into computers just yet so I'll just have to wait. Just had the 4000km service done and someone at the dealer has scratched the scoot, just makes me crazy when they are so careless now I'll force them to repair it and have to put up with all the inconvenience. Regards from Durban RSA.

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2010, 03:50:50 PM »
It looks like the entire file is 48.1MB.  I've emailed them before, just have to do it in 3 or 4 separate emails.  Just PM me your email and I'll send it out.

Dr. Scooter

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2010, 01:26:28 AM »
To bleed the front out right it takes quite some time and a lot of patience. A one man bleeder kit makes things so much easier
2007 Kymco Xciting 500

Modding a scooter is a beatiful thing!

Alex

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2010, 02:43:10 AM »
Zombie I think you are correct in the way the valve works ..my logic was that if the valve has oil up to it then you should be able to bled the front brake because the oil has to pass through the valve to get to it so why bother bleeding the valve if all you want to do is bleed the front brake . the valve must allow enough oil to pass through if the front brake can be bled after the valve is done ..all very frustrating :'(

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2010, 02:56:03 AM »
I think it all relates to one of my two favorite sayings. KISS (Keep it simple stupid), and if that dosen't work BFPFI (Brute force, and pure F'in ignorance)
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

jan.strydom

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2010, 08:47:38 AM »
 ;D 100% Zombie!!!!lol

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2010, 02:30:18 AM »
Who's your buddy?
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

500_Monkeys

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2014, 12:54:50 AM »
Even though this thread is out-dated, I'd like to add my two cents.

When using a vacuum method, be sure that you're bleeder valve has "Thread Sealant" on it, otherwise you *will* draw in air via the thread, making it difficult to know if it's air in the line or air you're bringing in.

Make sure you know the difference between Thread Sealant and Thread Locker.  Sound obvious, but some actually use the wrong one.

Also, I've seen many threads on many forums saying to use and not use Teflon tape.  Brake fluid will eat the tape and turn into a gummy muck.  Best to use proper "Thread Sealant". You won't need much and you'll get a great result.

PS:  My 500 doesn't have the bleeder valve on the Delay Valve, so I have no way of bleeding that.  Just have to make sure I dip the bike on a forward leaning angle for any caught air to go up.

Best method I've used so far for bleeding the brake is the "Reverse Bleed"  Check it out on YouTube.  It's a very quick way of changing the fluid and ensures you push all the air up the system, not down.

Cheers!

MYD 2009 Kymco Xciting 500Ri ABS - Assembled October 2011

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2014, 06:06:02 PM »

Nice!

500_Monkeys

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2014, 08:54:28 AM »
Yes, zombie.  I've seen that clip before.

The one YouTube Channel I've found indispensable is https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOXDrrwQRZqOQ3iUCXN12rw

There are many great videos there. He has a Triumph Tiger which has a very similar caliper to the Xciting 500 Rear caliper.

MYD 2009 Kymco Xciting 500Ri ABS - Assembled October 2011

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2014, 09:04:32 PM »
Very nice. I bookmarked the link.
I'm working on a Bonneville 650, and have been following this fella...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()