Author Topic: Idle Need Help?  (Read 2864 times)

Joe7911

• View Profile
Idle Need Help?
« on: March 20, 2014, 08:16:36 PM »
Since last tank of gas the bike started idling ruff. Starts right up but if I don't hold the throttle open a little it dies specially when warm.
Even after parked 4-5 hours outside it dies, it never did that before. Dealer said that that there is no adjustment that the computer controls it.
But there must be away to reset the computer or adjust the idle. Any ideas or suggestions?
My dealer is 55 miles one way away and I drove up last Saturday but the main mechanic was out. Only his helper there.
Thank You.

mnpugdog

• View Profile
Re: Idle Need Help?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 08:51:41 PM »
Bad gas.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2014, 09:46:22 PM »
Is your scoot (EFI) fuel injected?
My LIKE200i (Kymco EFI) service manual tells how to do a self-diagnosis of the fuel system - and how to do a re-set.
Also the manual shows how to do a (self) re-set of The throttle position sensor (TPS) and idle air bypass valve (ISC)
If this doesn't help and it is  under warranty - I'd be making a date with that 'main mechanic'
Stig
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 02:24:26 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Joe7911

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2014, 10:10:47 PM »
Thank You, I found the reset with the throttle and it fixed the problem.
I suspect I got bad gas last tank at Chevron but it just kept getting worst.
Thank You,
I will be doing an oil change this weekend and plug as well I will read that section and check the fuel system better.
Incredible I use nothing but brand-name gas and still get bad gas.

Thanks, Again.

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2014, 08:38:48 AM »
Stations are supposed to test their tanks for water DAILY, but- some do not. Maybe just the store you purchased it at?
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

mnpugdog

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2014, 02:43:58 AM »

Incredible I use nothing but brand-name gas and still get bad gas.

Thanks, Again.

Even some of the name brand gas is bad. If you can, you should try to use non-oxygenated gas in our scoot. Trouble is finding the stuff sometimes.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2014, 05:40:22 AM »
It's not the brand of gas, it's not the type of gas... but the way the gas station is managed.  The gas stations are not owned and managed by the brand owners but owned by franchisees...  Each franchisee has his own management practices but not all are the same...

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2014, 06:34:19 AM »
My dealer (sells Kymco products,Honda,snowmobiles,etc.) says use K100 in the fuel.They use it in every machine they sell/work on .We have used it in our scoots since day one and had no issues with gumming up of anything . Another alternative is ethanol-free gas, but- the nearest place (small airport ) that sells it is 40+ miles away.
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

Joe7911

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2014, 12:20:23 PM »
I live close to a Marina and have 2 gas stations very close that sell REC Gas, its pure bass with no ethanol for Boats and recreation vehicles. I have tried this several times on different bikes and there is 2 things wrong with it.
One is it is very expensive up to a dollar higher than premium, but the main problem its only barely 90 octane. Unfortunately this bikes likes high octane and perform better and much better mileage with higher octane. If I could find octane additive to boost the octane for real then yes even by then your price per gallon would be very high.
My best results have been with Chevron, but this one station close to my house I have been warned about but since I din't know the source I discarded it. I have friends that used to own stations and even today they don't add water but add other additives to stretch the gas hard to detect or notice except when running a one cylinder performance machine. it notices and reacts to everything.SHOWING THEM
For now I will get fresh bass and stay away from that particular station. I would say something but I have no real proof ands a chemical analyses is not cheap with nothing to really gain. Anyway a few months down the road they will do it again.

sklnzl

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2014, 03:44:43 PM »
This is the throttle reset procedure according to the manual.

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2014, 01:08:13 AM »
Difference between RON and AKI .Because of the 8 to 10 point difference  the octane rating shown in Canada and the United States is 4 to 5 points lower than the rating shown elsewhere in the world for the same fuel. This difference is known as the fuel's sensitivity, and is not typically published for those countries that use the Anti-Knock Index labelling system (ie" Indonesia) .  Wikipedia

So when Kymco says use 93 or above, the equivalent in the U.S. is 83-87 octane rating .

Using a lower , ehanol-free, octane rating may seem more expensive- but will give better mileage, longer lived engines and parts, etc.

My Kymco dealer said that I would not need to use U.S. Premium gas for my DT ...it would not void warranty,etc.

I , generally , use mid-grade, but- do not hesitate to use regular grade if I have to stop at a station that only sells regular grade.

I , also, would not hesitate to drive further to fill 10 or more gallons of ehtanol-free gas in order to NOT have to put in K-100, SeaFoam, Techron, etc.

Everyone should go with whatever they believe the best. I trust my dealer and other educational resources ( mechanics, Internet, library ) . ;D

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2014, 01:08:58 AM »
sklnzl,

Thank you for posting this info.

sklnzl

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2014, 06:03:13 PM »
You're welcome.  8)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()