Author Topic: Dec is insurance time for me.  (Read 657 times)

john grinsel

• View Profile
Dec is insurance time for me.
« on: November 13, 2019, 11:33:24 AM »
Dec is two wheel insurance renewal time for me.  This time only keep Liability and Towing for my 2019 XTown 300i ABS----reason: bike is probably worth $2500 used, with $500 deductible Collision/Comp, bike stolen/crashed with the deductible of $500, insurance might pay me $2000.  Have to check to make sure I have Uninsured Motorist coverage or add it---lots of people who could hit me in TN and elsewhere don't have any insurance.

For me---long trips, bike trouble, probably just cheaper with low value bike/scooter, trouble/accident just leave the bike,take a bus or rental car home-----probably cheaper in long run.   Delays can cost lots of money....and with Kymco there isn't a dealer on every corner to help.

And as I usually ride stuff that nobody would steal....do not worry about that.  2020 will be 65 years of using bike/scooter for all my transportation---I like it that way--My Mitsuibishi Mirage has been driven less than 500 miles since Feb 2019...they sure stay clean when you do not drive them! and they are garaged.

john grinsel

• View Profile
Re: Dec is insurance time for me.
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2019, 02:26:45 PM »
Found out yesterday, I have uninsured/under insured in my policy---adds at least $40 a year to cost---but since few states have rules requiring insurance to get and keep plates-----this coverage good for me, in case.

randyo

• Farmington, Strafford County, New Hampshire, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Dec is insurance time for me.
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2019, 12:22:40 AM »
I just added my K-Pipe to my policy, I have ACV on Comprehensive, and $100 deductible on Collision, also under/un-insured, and liability to $250k/$500k/$250k before my umbrella policy kicks in

The K-Pipe adds $28/yr for everything, it's the 3rd vehicle on my policy
RandyO
IBA#9560

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()