Author Topic: Seat latch locks not unlocking  (Read 425 times)

MorneDJ

• View Profile
Seat latch locks not unlocking
« on: February 19, 2021, 03:05:34 PM »
Hi All. First post.

I have had my Kymco 300i for a couple of years, and I just love it.

However, today my seat did not want to unlock. So I pulled on the cable to open the seat, removed the seat and the luggage storage unit to access the locks and the cable maintenance "adjustment screws". But these seems to be fine.

What worries me is the fact that if I turn my key counter-clockwise (CC) there is no resistance and I can easily turn the key CC. There is also a clack as the key hits the end. It is if the end of the cable is broken, cannot think of anything else.

Could anyone perhaps help, perhaps advise what can be done. Must I change the cable? I am worried as I do not have the workshop manual, and I have no idea how to access that cable to replace it. Or how to fit an alternative.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Seat latch locks not unlocking
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2021, 02:23:14 AM »
Broken, probably rusted through just like mine. Access to remove and replace is to remove seat and tub, and remove the windshield and the front "nose." You can fish the new assembly down the left side to the rear.

This is not in the service manual.
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

boksaman

• View Profile
Re: Seat latch locks not unlocking
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2021, 10:53:50 AM »
I just finished fixing mine - i believe had the same problem .. but i had the resistance when turning the key to unlock.
realized i have a cable slack i just tightened the cable on "adjustment screws" this video helped:

https://youtu.be/NQSIT5EvExw?t=166

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()