Author Topic: People 150 unusual characteristics .  (Read 991 times)

carvets

• View Profile
People 150 unusual characteristics .
« on: October 21, 2016, 10:35:10 PM »
I love my bike but there are a couple of things about it which i find kind of strange . The first is the position of the passenger foot pegs , which have been placed too far forward and my passengers feet hit my heels making it awkward and painful when stopping and having to place your feet on the ground.  The other is the kickstand . I have ridden a lot of scooters in SE Asia and never had a problem parking on a a slight incline or uneven surface, but with this bike it is very unstable and there have been times when the bike has almost fallen on top of me if its not parked on dead level ground.  The solution is to use the center stand , but i was wondering if this is common to this bike and if anyone has ever fitted a different kickstand to it .

PaulF

• View Profile
Re: People 150 unusual characteristics .
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2016, 11:20:00 PM »
When I first got my Kymco Like 125 I placed it on the kick stand and it rolled off.  Now I only use the center stand.  Going to remove the side stand completely or somehow adjust it so it actually works.

carvets

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2016, 11:30:01 PM »
When I first got my Kymco Like 125 I placed it on the kick stand and it rolled off.  Now I only use the center stand.  Going to remove the side stand completely or somehow adjust it so it actually works.

Might be the same kind of stand then i guess , doesnt feel very safe to me. If this is a common problem with these scooters i would have considered it a safety issue and Kymco should have replaced them . While i am now aware of the situation and use the center stand if someone else used my bike and wasnt aware it could potentially fall over or worse fall on them as it nearly did me a few times.

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2016, 01:12:23 AM »
My side stand on my People 150 is downright scary to use. It leans the bike over to the point of almost tipping. I never use it, just the center stand. I have never ridden two up on my People but I do occasionally flip the pegs out and put my feet on them to change positions.
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

carvets

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2016, 02:20:27 AM »
My side stand on my People 150 is downright scary to use. It leans the bike over to the point of almost tipping. I never use it, just the center stand. I have never ridden two up on my People but I do occasionally flip the pegs out and put my feet on them to change positions.

About the center stand , thats exactly right , its very poor design for such a nice Bike. I do the same with my pegs to take some of the weight of my butt on longer rides. But because they are so far forward its not as effective as say Hondas or Yamaha scooters i have ridden where the pegs are further back and you can really lean forward like on a regular street bike and take the weight off ( particularly as there is a little more weight than is necessary with me ) . They also tend to push back to their original position because the flip forward instead of coming down from and upward position . There must be a way to stop that and keep them from pushing back.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()