Author Topic: Carburetor problems!!!  (Read 1398 times)

Williambarnhart91

• View Profile
Carburetor problems!!!
« on: May 05, 2021, 01:10:15 AM »
It's on a kymco xciting 500. It has a carburetor with the normal float but it also has a fuel pump. I can pull the gas hose off at the carburetor and its is pumping plenty of fuel. I cleaned the carburetor and everything looked fine. It will not run if I put everything together but if I take the carburetor loose from the intake Boot and hold it back about a quarter inch to where the gas is literally spraying out of the carburetor it will run just fine but the second I put the carburetor on it dies out. I tried to pull the air tubes off and there was no difference. It's like the gas is coming out as a liquid instead of spraying? What am I missing? Has to be something stupid that I'm overlooking lol is there a pressure switch for the fuel pump? Already reset the float.

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
Re: Carburetor problems!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2021, 08:11:58 AM »
It's on a kymco xciting 500. It has a carburetor with the normal float but it also has a fuel pump. I can pull the gas hose off at the carburetor and its is pumping plenty of fuel. I cleaned the carburetor and everything looked fine. It will not run if I put everything together but if I take the carburetor loose from the intake Boot and hold it back about a quarter inch to where the gas is literally spraying out of the carburetor it will run just fine but the second I put the carburetor on it dies out. I tried to pull the air tubes off and there was no difference. It's like the gas is coming out as a liquid instead of spraying? What am I missing? Has to be something stupid that I'm overlooking lol is there a pressure switch for the fuel pump? Already reset the float.
sounds like the float is stuck or your needle to shut the fuel off in the carburetor or float level to high where it's not shutting off.

Fuel pump is a vacuum model on carbureted Kymco's with no regulator that I'm aware of. 
« Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 08:15:55 AM by Kansas kymco »
In parts 200S and Grand Vista and my motorcycles 2 CS BMW'S and one GS BMW.

Sold-32 Kymco scooters of various sizes this summer.

sissymary

• View Profile
Re: Carburetor problems!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2021, 04:32:41 PM »
Does the rubber diaphragm have a tear in it? Diaphragm and slide are the same part.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()