Author Topic: Xciting 500 carburetor adjustment?  (Read 1339 times)

robertsu

• View Profile
Xciting 500 carburetor adjustment?
« on: September 14, 2018, 04:41:13 PM »
Hi,

Last year I bought Xciting 500 and everything was "OK"  and now when weather is colder I can't start my Xciting easy in the morning, sometimes I need to crank him for 1-2 minutes to start. now, I took out carburetor and clean it, inspect it and I found that auto choke is faulty. I bought new one but I think carburetor was adjusted before my purchase on faulty auto choke (I think that's a problem, not sure 100%) because when I changed auto choke with new one everything is mixed up.. now I need to give a little torque before starting scooter otherwise he won't start then I adjusted idle speed screw but that won't help while engine is cold. Also I bought new spark but old one was OK also, no difference.
What else I need to adjust on carburetor for cold start?

sissymary

• View Profile
Re: Xciting 500 carburetor adjustment?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2018, 03:41:05 PM »
What year is it? 2009 they went to fuel injection. If 2009 or above you need to buy a battery with the highest cranking AMP's you can find. With the added elec needed for the F-Ing, the battery just can't quite spin the engine fast enough to start. I think I have a 240 cold cranking AMP in my bike? Bought at batteries and bulbs. If 2008 and down, I would run a few cans of sea foam/gum out through it and see if that helps? :-*

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()