Scooters - 125 to 300 > People s200

Front brake stopped working after changing fork oil

(1/4) > >>

quochuy:
So I followed the other post to change my fork oil but for some reason after putting all back together the front brake stopped working. The brake lever is all soft and would travel all the way towards the handle bar. It does apply a tiny amount of brake but I could still move the wheel by pushing it a bit.

What’s happened?
How can I fix this?

Thanks
Huy

Iahawk:
sounds like you have air in the system (or you somehow lost your brake fluid?). I would bleed your front brake to make sure the air is out and it's full of fresh fluid. Make sure you didn't somehow loosen your banjo bolt or bleed nipple on caliper.

Bleeding the brake requires separating the front headlight cover to access the front master cylinder. 4 screws and 2 small bolts down on either side must be removed, along with the front turn signals (unbolt them and move them out of the way).

The headlight cover remains fixed, the rear part that includes the instrument panel is what will be pulled back toward you, exposing the brake master cylinder. I'm sure there are some threads detailing this process.

Lots of knowledgeable folks on this forum to provide help.

quochuy:
Hmm trying to access the master cylinder but cannot get the cover out

quochuy:
All good now. Bleeder the system. Brakes are working now

Neil955i:

--- Quote from: quochuy on November 09, 2022, 10:55:32 AM ---All good now. Bleeder the system. Brakes are working now

--- End quote ---

Well done, good to read!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version