Scooters - 125 to 300 > People s200

People S200 rear wheel removal and rear brake shoe replacement

(1/4) > >>

Iahawk:
I am replacing my rear brake shoes on my scoot to cure a pulsation problem I've had for a while.

I also thought I'd take a lot of pics to document the process of removing the seat, tub, plastics, exhaust and rear wheel as it seems very little documentation exists for the S200.

First step is to open the seat where you'll need to remove 5 10mm nuts and pull out and disconnect the power socket (pic 1).

The power socket is pulled out through it's hole and I've circled where you disconnect it. It helps to add dielectric grease to all the electrical connections you'll be unhooking as it makes future disconnections much easier. (pic 2)

This is what the scoot looks like after seat removal (pic 3)

Next up is to remove the luggage rack. A 6mm hex wrench is needed to remove the 3 bolts. (pic 4)

Iahawk:
This is what the scoot looks like with the rack removed (pic 1)

Next is removal of the rear fender. 2 10mm nuts at the back, 2 philips screws (1 on each side) and 2 male tabs need to be unhooked (1 on each side). I have an arrow pointing at the tab. (pic 2)

In order to completely remove the fender you must unhook the connector for the license plate light (pic 3)

Scoot with fender removed (pic 4)

Iahawk:
The next step is probably the most challenging. Removal of the full back plastic tub.

I didn't photograph this but you must first remove the battery cover. As you're sitting on the scoot it's between your feet around where your heels are. 2 phillips screws need to be removed and then the battery cover can be lifted up and removed. For the tub there are 5 male tabs next to and just in front of the passenger footrest. 2 male tabs on the floor section and 3 male tabs on the tub itself. I have circled each of the male tabs. There are the same 5 tabs on both sides of the scooter.(pic 1)

Edit - I just realized I left out the direction to remove 1 screw per side from the floor board side covers...just down and in front of the passenger pegs...this screw must be removed to help separate the tub from the floor board. The screw  hole is clearly visible in pic 2.

It takes some effort and force to unhook the tabs. You must remember to pull down and out on the footboard for the rear 2 tabs and to pull in and up on the tub for the front 3 tabs. The tabs are barbed so you push down on the footboard and you push in on the tub to release.

this is what it looks like after the 5 tabs have been released (pic 2)

Once all the tabs are unhooked on the tub you lift up and then back on the tub so the chrome holes below the taillight can unhook from the threaded metal posts, all circled in yellow (pic 3)

Before you totally remove the tub you must unhook the connector for the taillight/turn signals (pic 4)

Iahawk:
OK, this is what we're looking at after seat and tub removal (pic 1)

Now we need to remove the exhaust. There are 2 12mm nuts at the header pipe (you can only see one in the pic). They are easy to access either from below or from the front through the removed battery door (pic 2)

and 2 12mm exhaust hanger bolts (pic 3)

and this is what the removed exhaust looks like (pic 4)

Iahawk:
Next step is rear shock removal. 14mm upper bolt and 12mm lower bolt (pic 1)

We're getting closer! Next up is the 24mm axle bolt. I put a short piece of 2x4 between the wheel spokes and transmission to stop the wheel from turning as the nut is loosened. A 24" breaker bar makes quick work of it. (pic 2)

you'll remove the nut, below that is a very thick washer, then you'll remove the swingarm and behind that is a spacer (pic 3). be sure to check the swingarm bearing to make sure it moves smoothly and is silent.

I wish the wheel would come off now but you must first remove the wheel hugger. The metal bracket needs to come off (5mm hex wrench) as well as 2 more phillips screws on the left side of the scooter (not pictured) (pic 4)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version