Author Topic: people 50 project  (Read 5140 times)

angrychef

• View Profile
people 50 project
« on: December 15, 2008, 03:39:20 PM »
Hi all, i am currently restoring a pretty dinged up 200 people 50. The manuals I have found online are not very descriptive so i was hoping that someone here could help me. I am currently installing a new fuel filter unit and I am not sure what hoses and tubes go to which nibs on the unit. If anyone has found this information online or could take a picture of their fuel unit and post, it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Areomyst

• Scootin' America!
    • View Profile
    • American Scooter Forum - Scooter Invasion
Re: people 50 project
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 02:38:37 AM »
Hey, I'll take a picture of mine in the morning. :)  Congrats on the People 50, it's a great bike!  I have almost 10,000 kilometers on mine. :)

~Josh
www.scooterinvasion.net - Tech help, repairs & tuning.

yajblackburn

• 2004 ZX50, 2000 People 50, 2002 Yup50
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 02:41:24 PM »
http://pdftown.com/Kymco-PDF-eBook-Category.html

They have several service manual downloads for several models. 

angrychef

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 05:44:58 PM »
thanks yajblackburn, but that manual comes back as a 404 not found every time i try to download it. Aeromyst, I would appreciate that, thanks a lot.

yajblackburn

• 2004 ZX50, 2000 People 50, 2002 Yup50
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008, 09:11:31 PM »
Damn, sorry about that.  They must of have recently changed it.  I downloaded the People 50 and ZX50 last month.  I have them saved on my computer.  I will see if I can post the diagram for the fuel system.  Okay, I just checked the service manual and there really is not a clear diagram on where the lines go.  Hopefully someone will take a picture of theirs and post it giving you a better idea.  I will take a picture on mine tomorrow.  Usually there is three nipples on the carburetor.  One for oil from the oil pump, one for manifold vacuum and the other is the fuel inlet.  The fuel inlet is visually the biggest (diamater) over the other two, then the vacuum line and then the oil.  The fittings on the carburetor are brass.  Hope this helps for now.  Word of advice, make sure the oil line comming from the oil pump to the carb is not kinked, mine was and the bike overheated on me twice.  Luckily the bike shuts dow when it gets too hot preventing major damage, now my brand new piston/rings are scorced up, but it still runs fine.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 09:31:54 PM by yajblackburn »

OldGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2008, 12:19:56 AM »
Found one. Try here:

http://www.kymco.it/contributi/download/MANUALI_OFFICINA/MO%20P50%20(inglese).zip

And the wiring diagram from the same source:

http://www.kymco.it/contributi/download/IMPIANTI_ELETTRICI/Impel%20People%2050.pdf

There zipped PDf files. It's an Italian site but the manual is in English.  ??? Supposedly they have other KYMCO manuals as well. ;D

Here's a list of what they have.

http://www.kymco.it/download/download_attuali.php
« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 02:37:06 PM by OldGuy »
OldGuy
Wanna be GrandVista rider

Inside every old person is a young person wondering,
"What the heck happened?"

Areomyst

• Scootin' America!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2008, 02:59:01 AM »
Aeromyst, I would appreciate that, thanks a lot.

It ended up being tonight instead of this morning, sorry 'bout that.  Here ya go!

Cool!  I opened up my seat and found some cookies. :D

The fat line on the left is from the fuel tank.  The thinner one on the top of the autocock assembly is going to the top of the inlet manifold as a vacuume line.  The one to the far right goes to the carburetor and is the fuel supply out.

Hope this helps!  I changed the belt on my People 50 after I took these pictures.  I went for a test drive, and came back and was ready to go in the house (it's cold and rainy).  Then I had to go back for my cookies. :)

~Josh

angrychef

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2008, 10:24:10 PM »
hey guys, thanks so much! big help!  :D

-josh

angrychef

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2009, 11:37:57 PM »
Well I came back to the People the other day and fitted the fuel filter assembly as was described. I changed the plug and put in a new fully charged battery. I still can't get the engine to turn over! I took another look at the fuel filter assembly and I realized that gas is not flowing into the unit. It is bone dry. When I dissconnect the fuel line in, gas pours freely out of the line so I'm sure its not blocked. Am I missing some kind of suction to pull the gas into the filter assembly? The carb btw is a brand new Arreche so its different than the stock carb. I went to check if there was gas in the carb and couldn't find the drain screw! The new carb was not installed by me so I am not familiar with it and of course have none of the specs. Anyone have some ideas?

Areomyst

• Scootin' America!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2009, 01:51:37 AM »
The Arreche carburetor does not have a drain screw, but instead it has a large drain nut that you can remove.  It's on the very bottom of the bowl, and you can get to it if you have a large/thin enough wrench.  I usually loosen the bolts holding the carburetor on to get a better angle at it.  An adjustable wrench will work just fine if you don't have the right size... can't remember what it is offhand, something like 24mm, but can't recall for sure (probably a little smaller).

The top line coming out of the fuel autocock that I posted photos of earlier needs to have vacuum on it or fuel will not flow.  When the engine is running, it applies vacuum to this line via the lines routing to the inlet manifold.  You can disconnect this line and suck on it, and fuel should flow to the carburetor.

Hope this helps!  If I can help further feel free to give me a ring.  336 506 7333

Cheers!

~Josh

drobertevans

• View Profile
2005 people 50
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2009, 04:39:24 PM »
Hey everybody. I just bought my first Kymco and I love it already. Its a 2005, with just over 3000 miles on it. The guy I bought it from put a new battery in it, and it has a modified exhaust - it gets up to 45mph. I was in line at the bank, so the scooter was idle for a couple of minutes, and suddenly died on me. It started right back up again, no problem, but I was wondering if there is something else that may be wrong with it. Like I said, its my first scooter, so any info you all may have would be great. Thanks everybody.

David

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()