Author Topic: Not a Kymco, but fast 50cc scooter  (Read 1573 times)

Areomyst

• Scootin' America!
    • View Profile
    • American Scooter Forum - Scooter Invasion
Not a Kymco, but fast 50cc scooter
« on: February 22, 2012, 07:16:07 PM »
Need a quick Minarelli (clone) engine?

I've got a China bike here with the above mentioned parts.  Runs good, could use proper clutch tuning and a gear-up kit.  If you know anyone looking for a fast toy (literally - It's not really a daily driver) I'm looking to get $600. Runs good.  Steering stem is a little funny, but the price is pretty good.

Previous owner didn't like the "scary" launch with stiffer clutch springs, so it has a lag off the line as the clutch engages at low RPM.

Motoforce Racing Cylinder (triple exhaust port)
Malossi Head
Yasuni C-16 exhaust
Dellorto PHBG 21mm carburetor
Open air filter - off brand.

Variator, torque driver, etc, is all pretty much stock, though the weights have been changed, and it's dialed in pretty good besides the clutch springs.  Bike runs 32:1 pre-mix.  Tops out around an indicated 58... I'm sure it's a bit slower by GPS, it would love those taller gears.

336 506 7333

I can take the engine and wheels out of the bike and ship (shipping is extra of course) but due to the extra work involved, I don't really want to get less than 600.  I think the engine's worth that. :)

Best,

~Josh

www.scooterinvasion.net - Tech help, repairs & tuning.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
Re: Not a Kymco, but fast 50cc scooter
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 09:24:52 PM »
..i really wish i could have ridden that scoot last thursday....if i had room for it, i'd buy it...

;D
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()