Author Topic: Performance parts for the Agility 50  (Read 11886 times)

phin63

• View Profile
Performance parts for the Agility 50
« on: December 12, 2008, 03:31:07 AM »
Which performance parts would help me get my Agility 50 over 40 mph? Would this require a big bore kit and exhaust change, or can it be done with just a carburator jet, variator bushing and an unrestricted cdi? Which parts and or kits are the best to purchase? How fast would the scooter go with a big bore kit (85 cc) and different exhaust?

Areomyst

• Scootin' America!
    • View Profile
    • American Scooter Forum - Scooter Invasion
Re: Performance parts for the Agility 50
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 01:07:46 AM »
Doing the general de-restriction (CDI, drive boss, main jet) will see the bike close to 40mph, possibly a little bit higher downhill but remember that scooter speedometers are usually on the optimistic side.  If you're looking to go much faster than that, you're probably going to want to look into an aftermarket cylinder and such.  I've repaired a few of these engines, (new top end, etc) but I have not yet had the chance to install a performance cylinder kit on the Agility engine, so I cannot speak from experience in that aspect.

You'll probably average close to 38 or so de-restricted. 

Hope this helps. :)

~Josh
www.scooterinvasion.net - Tech help, repairs & tuning.

yvg

• Kymco Agility 50, Kymco Super 8 50
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 10:15:42 PM »
I've made some measurements while tuning my Agility 50 (see attached chart).

Lowest chart is a derestricted stock version. Middle one is a chart with 85cc (50mm) kit from NCY installed. Topmost is the same as middle + BGM SuperTune vario installed.

Anyway, next season I go higher cylinder kit (52mm) and completely rebuild transmission, but the cost of such modifications already far ahead the price of new scooter itself.

Yury

Areomyst

• Scootin' America!
    • View Profile
    • American Scooter Forum - Scooter Invasion
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2008, 04:35:03 AM »
What is the price on the NCY kit for the Agility?  With the exhaust and other parts, I can easily see how the price can add up.  I assume your Agility does a solid 50mph/80kph?

~Josh
www.scooterinvasion.net - Tech help, repairs & tuning.

yvg

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2008, 06:12:37 AM »
I assume your Agility does a solid 50mph/80kph?

Yes, it does.

Replaced parts are:
50mm cylinder set from NCY, incl. new head with bigger valves;
Sport cam shaft from BGM;
Tuned CDI from Kymco (they have special one for Agility 50);
Vario from BGM
Direct exhaust pipe (unknown chinese vendor, very nice looking, well performant, but nearly does not silence the exhaust)
Bigger main jet in carb;
Adjusted vario weights.

These modifications where relatively inexpensive (I did not calculated exactly, but it is around $500 for parts). Pricing is different now, and there are new performance parts available, so for next season I will go for much bigger modification and rebuild.

Yury

phin63

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2008, 02:05:49 PM »
The scooter seems to be well built and it could last for quite a fews years,so spending extra money on the upgrades would be worth it. I'm thinking that the big bore kit (85 cc) and exhaust with the few little extras is the way to go. $500 does seem about right from the pricing I've done. I hear (have not seen this in person) that you can get close to 55 mph depending on the rider's weight  with these modifications. Has anyone tried a Bando race coil for better electronic performance? Thanks for all the replies so far.   Paul   

yvg

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2008, 02:42:20 PM »
I hear (have not seen this in person) that you can get close to 55 mph

I target 100 km/h for next season, and I think that it is realistic.

Has anyone tried a Bando race coil for better electronic performance?

I ordered racing coil from BGM, but did not install it yet. Will see the results during the next season. On the other hand, I still think that the primary target for tuning (right after the engine iteslf) is transmission, because of I got 80 km/h at 11500 rpm. Top RPM I've ever seen is 12100, but it was on a slight downhill. It is nice to know that engine can perform at such rpm, but it is a... bit too high.

Yury

tlgibbs

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2009, 11:45:19 PM »
I started a thread in the general discussion forum, not realizing that there was a forum down here just for us!  Anyway, I've owned an Agility 50 for nearly a year and up until last night it was restricted and topped out at 30 mph.  By putting in the clutch boss and cutting the CDI I now get 40-42 mph.  With a little tailwind today I even got up to 45.  The performance is so much better than when it was restricted.  Eventually I would like to add other performance parts, but for the cost of the clutch boss I am very happy with the result.  And I'm a pretty big load, 220 or so.....

yvg

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2009, 11:22:07 AM »
Has anyone tried a Bando race coil for better electronic performance?

Not a Bando, but BGM - anyway, looks the same and I guess it is just different branding in Europe.

Engine starts better now - what I immediately see. I expect most effect being at high RPMs, but my carb/transmission is not adjusted yet at all (waiting for exhaust gas analyzer to properly adjust it), so I can hardly get it to 10,000 RPM, while last season it was 12,000+ no pbs.

Yury

P.S. Now installed: 52mm (90cc) bore kit, big-valve head (also manually modified), enforced crankshaft, high-profile camshaft, adjustable clutch, lightened clutch bell, modified torque driver, custom vario (increased diameter), new drive belt, 20mm carb.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()