Author Topic: URGENT! Cannot get my Agility 50 to start!  (Read 3125 times)

veneziav

• View Profile
URGENT! Cannot get my Agility 50 to start!
« on: August 22, 2008, 11:20:55 AM »
Hey guys, I put my Agility 50 in storage all summer. I went to to take it out yesterday and it won't start. What are some possible solutions?

OldGuy

• View Profile
Re: URGENT! Cannot get my Agility 50 to start!
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 12:37:10 PM »
Define "won't start" please. Electric, kick or both. Doesn't even try or just sputters. Won't start is just a little to general.

What have you tried? New plug, starter fluid, etc. How long was it stored? Here in Texas summer starts in late March and you have not given us the benefit of filling out the "location" Does it have fresh gas in it? Lots more information is needed.
OldGuy
Wanna be GrandVista rider

Inside every old person is a young person wondering,
"What the heck happened?"

veneziav

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 12:53:20 PM »
Sorry, alright it was stored from late April-Now in Daytona Beach, FL. When I attempt to start it via kick or normal starting it just clicks. Doesn't seem like it has a chance to actually start up. I have not done anything like put new gas in or alter anything on the scooter just because with my inexperience I don't want to hurt the scooter. Let me know if you need more information. What could I do?

OldGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 02:29:09 PM »
Try the kick starter. If it will start that way try charging the battery. If that doesn't solve the problem you probably need a new battery.
OldGuy
Wanna be GrandVista rider

Inside every old person is a young person wondering,
"What the heck happened?"

veneziav

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2008, 03:32:04 PM »
Thank you, will try it out!

Bob O

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2008, 07:32:55 PM »
Fresh gas or not, starting fluid will help.  You can pick up a can of it at Walmart or any auto parts store.  As long as you're getting spark and some fuel, starting fluid will make it fire right up.  Good luck.
RIDE or go home!
A wife-beater is nothing more than a big CRY BABY!

scootergrisen

• View Profile
    • scootergrisen
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2008, 10:35:12 AM »
If you let your scooter stand for months on its own the battery will discharge it self and when its hot it wil discharge faster so the battery i proberly discharge...
You can try to charge it to see if it helps.

If i was you i would try to kickstart it while turning the throttle just i little bit.
Just try that 50 times, if it dossent work wait until next day and try again and again.

If that dossent work i would take the carburator off and disasemble it and clean it.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()