Author Topic: So... this is the joint for Kymco owners? Cool. (New guy post)  (Read 4068 times)

neotrotsky

• View Profile
So... this is the joint for Kymco owners? Cool. (New guy post)
« on: September 06, 2012, 07:14:04 AM »
Greetings all! 

New Kymco owner here after YEARS of owning Genuine Scooter Company bikes and Vespas.  After a BAD bit of luck with a Rattler 110 and having to give up a Vespa P200e because it would not pass emissions even WITH a full engine rebuild, we needed something reliable as a 2nd mode of transport.  Almost pulled the trigger on a Buddy 125 (in orange...bleh) because they're a mechanically fantastic bike!  But, a new Kymco dealer popped up right down the street from the theater I work at, and while I had been considering Kymco before, they were the first dealer to actually have the Like 200i and Agility 125 in the colors I was interested in.

After doing some comparitve shopping and noticing that the Agility was A LOT better built than I would of thought, I finally got my grant money for this semester (a full time theater TD as well as a returning student full time as well) for the purchase of said bike.  But, as with life more expenses popped up than I was prepared for and we missed out on buying a new 4-stroke Stella or a SYM Symba.  The Agility fit the budget quite well, and frankly... felt a bit faster and better built than the more expensive Like 200i. And the price.... DAMN!

So, after handing over $2135 worth of digital currency, I am now the proud owner of a shiny new Agility!

(it's being shy in this one...)

I've had some great initial experience with it after putting on 187 Km in 24 hours.  I need a bike that can take a lot of miles and one that is dead stop reliable.  And, with the People 150's having such a great rep I figured I couldn't go wrong.  Hopefully my first brand-new jump into the Taiwanese scooter world will treat me better than my last attempt at a "lightly" used one...

So, be gentle to the new guy.

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
Re: So... this is the joint for Kymco owners? Cool. (New guy post)
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2012, 07:28:01 AM »
Nice, welcome aboard. Some of our guys will be around your house in the next few days to jump you in  ;D

Bummer on the Vespa, hope you got a good price on it when you got rid of her, im just finishing one right now to go with my Agility  :)
Chaos is my co-pilot.

skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2012, 07:46:45 AM »
welcome.nice looking bike.

just noticed the indicators on the dash fering. has the new usa ones gone back to these or is it second hand?

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2012, 09:13:37 AM »
welcome.nice looking bike.

just noticed the indicators on the dash fering. has the new usa ones gone back to these or is it second hand?

US Agilitys dont have the same indicators as us in Europe Skippy, they still have the old style ones. Prob find its down to stock held already in the US or US laws, whatever the reason it makes no sense to me, the new Euro indicators have been around here for years so i wouldve expected them to be on US scoots by now too  :-\
Chaos is my co-pilot.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2012, 12:17:40 PM »
Welcome to the fourm nice scoot IM sure you well injoy it. with the proper up keep it should last a long time.

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2012, 03:08:00 PM »
Joint? Where?  ;D

Congratulations on the new toy. Kymcos are great! This forum is even better. Welcome friend  :)
*2010 People 50 2t with 70cc kit and more
*2001 ZX-50 beater

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2012, 10:50:41 PM »
Welcome to the forum.....
This joint????......nnnaaaaa, you don't want any of THIS joint do ya?....... :D :D :D :D
Something smells around here... :D
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2012, 11:28:47 PM »
Welcome and where do you reside?
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

neotrotsky

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2012, 03:57:42 AM »
I'm in the Phoenix area, but work all over the valley where the gigs take me.  Hence why I needed a bike that can take the abuse.  2 days into the new bike and I already have 300Km on the clock!

adri

• View Profile
    • Motorcycle News, Reviews, Events, Roads, and Rides
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2012, 06:10:43 AM »
Great first post, glad to see you're clocking some serious miles on the scoot already, almost time for first service? lol

jprestonian

• 2007 Kymco People 250, 2011 Honda PCX
    • View Profile
    • a scooter called wanda
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2012, 11:40:42 PM »
neoT,

You'll still wanna hang out at Modern Buddy, too, btw. It's the best scooter forum on the web, IMO.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2012, 03:23:51 AM »

ce

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2012, 04:26:49 AM »
Yeah, I can't wait to see the new Buddy 500Ri
Albuquerque, New Mexico

neotrotsky

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2012, 06:48:19 AM »
Great first post, glad to see you're clocking some serious miles on the scoot already, almost time for first service? lol

Already hit 500Km.  After this week I should be at 1200 depending on what other shows I have going on. We're moving to a new place as well so who knows how many miles will get put on the bike.

neotrotsky

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2012, 06:49:24 AM »
neoT,

You'll still wanna hang out at Modern Buddy, too, btw. It's the best scooter forum on the web, IMO.

Oh, I'm still a devotee of the Stella, and will be a constant on there especially when I get the other bike built (or when I say f*** it and just buy another Stella that runs)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()