Scooters - 50cc > People 50

People 50 2007 just bought my first scooter!!!

(1/1)

GummysKr:
Just bought a people 50cc from a friend who just bought a car and I wanna learn more about the scooter.
It was previously modified by him and the previous owner.
Had a big bore kit to make it 70cc and a dellorto phbg carb.
Just looking for general tips and info to know about the scooter, and what steps I would take to set a techometer or get a aftermarket instrument cluster with a rpm gauge.

The battery doesn’t seem to charge and I’d like tips on tuning if possible.

Thanks for reading it over and don’t be to rough on me I’m new 🥺

Neil955i:
Hello there G and welcome to the forum.

There’s a lot way more knowledgeable than me on here who will address the technical stuff, but for my two penn’orth, if you’re going to ride it, please get some training. Bikes & scooters (even a 50/70cc) can be loads of fun or a whole heap of pain or worse. To get the former not the latter you need to know what you’re doing. Don’t learn the hard way is what I’m saying.

Also, wear the right gear in case of the worst.

GummysKr:
I wear denim jeans and ceramic toed boots for my job and a have a nice jacket on the way.
Going to be hot here in Florida but I’d rather be hot then dead.

I plan on driving just in the neighborhood for a good while so I can adjust.

When I got the scooter from him he told me there’s three rules; Don’t die, Wear your helmet and safety gear, don’t tip the scooter!

I plan on taking it slow and steady.

Thanks for the welcome and I hope to have a great time here 🤙

GummysKr:
Went to start the bike up this morning and it took a few attempts. When I got it running I thought I should test the kill switch to make sure they work before I need them to and they don’t.

Kill switch works, thought I switch it off and now I can’t get the scooter running again :c don’t think it’s the kill switch but don’t remember where it should be and it’s sun faded so I can’t tell. Any general tips where to start?

It’s getting gas and I normally choke start by plugging air intake because the choke it’s just a small lift button on the carb and it’s annoying to use.

Stig / Major Tom:

--- Quote from: GummysKr on August 10, 2022, 03:14:04 PM ---Went to start the bike up this morning and it took a few attempts. When I got it running I thought I should test the kill switch to make sure they work before I need them to and they don’t.

Kill switch works, thought I switch it off and now I can’t get the scooter running again :c don’t think it’s the kill switch but don’t remember where it should be and it’s sun faded so I can’t tell. Any general tips where to start?

It’s getting gas and I normally choke start by plugging air intake because the choke it’s just a small lift button on the carb and it’s annoying to use.

--- End quote ---

Re Kill switch: some use it as regular method to shut off scooter and motorcycle.
In 10yrs I've never used it intentionally.
I always used the key to turn off the all 4 of my EFI scooters.
I figure the kill switch is akin to yanking out the wall plug rather than shutting down a desktop PC properly.
Stig

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version