Author Topic: China vs Taiwan  (Read 208 times)

mrmike

• Syuracuse, NY
    • View Profile
China vs Taiwan
« on: August 04, 2022, 07:33:54 PM »
  Lots of talk about the China-Taiwan situation. I'm just wondering how and if it would affect the Kymco availability situation in the future if China takes over Taiwan. Hopefully their scooters and parts would still be available.
Blue '23 People S 150i ABS   Moto Discovery GPS bar, Shad SH33 top case, Iridium spark plug, Black reflective graphics.         

Past rides- '73 Honda 450, '00 Harley Softail Deuce, '10 Kymco People 150, '12 Kymco GTI 300, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: China vs Taiwan
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2022, 08:21:35 PM »
  Lots of talk about the China-Taiwan situation. I'm just wondering how and if it would affect the Kymco availability situation in the future if China takes over Taiwan. Hopefully their scooters and parts would still be available.

Quite a few Kymcos are manufactured in China. Our LIKE200i and LIKE50, for example.

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

big blue

• View Profile
Re: China vs Taiwan
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2022, 12:02:45 AM »
China lost its chance at reunification with Tiawan with the awful treatment of Hong Kong after British rule ended. Tiawan has become an economic powerhouse and no longer is interested. China will not invade as long as there is a US Navy to defend Tiawan. We have a long- standing treaty of protection in place with the island nation.
2012 Kymco Like 200i LX (Sold)  Salem, Oregon USA

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()