Author Topic: 2007 Agility 125 brake fluid issue  (Read 1671 times)

newby

• View Profile
2007 Agility 125 brake fluid issue
« on: August 05, 2015, 05:29:00 PM »
I bought a 2007 agility in mid May. One day a few weeks ago, my front brake was very squishy. The next day it was completely useless. My 1st thought was brake line leak. But i also hoped for the possibility that somehow the very small fluid chamber was just empty. So I figured I would fill the chamber and bleed the brakes, and if it went out again soon, i definitely have a leak. But I got stuck on bleeding the brakes. Its been 20 years since Ive last bled brakes and that was on a car, but i understand the idea is to pump the air bubbles out of the lines.so I loosened the bleeder screw, let out the rest of the old fluid, and refilled the chamber, then began to slowly pump the brake, trying not to overflow the chamber. But before i stopped seeing air bubbles come out, the chamber was empty again! I refilled it and tried again with the chamber's lid screwed down with the same result. Frustrated, i cleaned it up, put it back together, and came right in to consult with the experts- YOU! Im not too mechanically inclined, but not stupid either-but feeling a little flummoxed right now. Was I supposed to REMOVE the bleeder screw altogether? Because IT could create bubbles by itself, perhaps. But the chamber is so small, it seems like the fluid would leak out nearly as fast as I could fill it, without the screw in. Do I need to have the filler cap tightened down when I bleed? Can anyone share a link to a good tutorial, or just tell me how to do it? Thank you for your time and expertise!!  Greg
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 05:35:46 PM by newby »

1g0g

• View Profile
    • Noises Of Russia
Re: 2007 Agility 125 brake fluid issue
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2015, 01:45:25 PM »
sorry I have bad English, do not quite understand what you mean, I'm sorry  :-\
Kymco Agility City 125

Snappy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 03:36:05 AM »
Get clear tubing that fits over bleed screw end.  Submerge other end in jar with some brake fluid.  Loosen bleed screw and squeeze brake lever.  While holding lever, tighten screw.  Release lever.  Repeat.  Keep an eye on reservoir level, top off as necessary between cycles.  When no more bubbles, replace reservoir cap, check bleed screw snug, remove tube.  Make sure brake works as it should before riding.  If problems, leaks, etc, bite the bullet and pay a mechanic.  Stay alive!

Jim Moore

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2015, 09:47:45 AM »
If you let the reservoir get empty while you were bleeding you just added more air to the system.  Like the poster above said, keep an eye on the reservoir while you bleed. It normally takes 2-3 reservoirs full to get all the bubbles out.

souzamoto

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2015, 05:31:06 AM »
Get clear tubing that fits over bleed screw end.  Submerge other end in jar with some brake fluid.  Loosen bleed screw and squeeze brake lever.  While holding lever, tighten screw.  Release lever.  Repeat.  Keep an eye on reservoir level, top off as necessary between cycles.  When no more bubbles, replace reservoir cap, check bleed screw snug, remove tube.  Make sure brake works as it should before riding.  If problems, leaks, etc, bite the bullet and pay a mechanic.  Stay alive!

What works a bit easier is to take the clear tube, attach to the bleeder and create a loop with the tubing. As you do the above, as the tubing begins to fill with fluid, you can discontinue closing the bleeder and just pump fluid till the air bubbles clear. just keep adding fluid to the master
CJS

newby

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2015, 03:32:29 PM »
Thank you guys so much for the helpful advice. So Souzamoto, i believe youre saying i should loop the hose back to the master, so I dont have to keep refilling it?

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()