Scooters - Big Bore > Xciting 700i

Weird Sound

<< < (2/2)

MJR:

--- Quote from: Stefan0714 on April 01, 2021, 01:52:11 PM ---Thanks for your input, I had the clutch completely disassembled and inspected and all seem to be in perfect order.
Also the sound seems to be coming from where the exhaust pipes are  to me and not the cvt.

--- End quote ---

Not really sure, possible something is wrong in the muffler.

john grinsel:
muffler gasket( between exhaust pipe and muffler, #2 exhaust port gasket.

Bagapapa:
Hi Stefan!

This sound is also present in my engine. The phenomenon is just as cold.
Were you able to find the cause?

Thanks for your answer!

CROSSBOLT:
Sounds normal to me. The "whirring" sound is both the CVT fan, timing and starter chains/sprockets. But I'm old and what has not fallen off already doen't work or works part time. I DO have SELECTIVE HEARING! But that's what it sounds like to me.

Oil changes let you look for either pieces of metal chunks in the strainer screen or silvery flakes in the used oil. Seeing none means RIDE ON! Seeing some means QUIT and find the source.

Well muffled bikes let you hear the mechanical noises that are normal. Go find some old guy who can still hear faily well who has ridden a bunch in his life and let him listen to your machine. The guy in your town who was a racer or a bike builder.

Bagapapa:
Thanks for the advices!
Anyone who doesn’t hear the difficulty of detecting sound, I noticed in the video at once.
The sound is like some record is rattling. I checked the recordings and found no errors. When changing the oil, I checked the filter and there was no metal filings inside. The sound occurs when the engine starts running and emits more vibration. It does not appear at idle and higher speeds. I continue my search, I start breaking down the exhaust, first the cover plates, the exhaust drum and so on. I also check the exhaust seals, I had a problem that the exhaust bolts were lost, they fell out of the vibration. What I still think about is that in the exhaust, one of the plates of the continuation was released by the welding, which can still move cold but gets stuck warm due to the thermal expansion.

Laszlo

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version