Author Topic: KYMCO'S BUILT IN CHINA  (Read 970 times)

Doc Wheezer

• Silently riding armed through the Mojave Desert.
    • View Profile
KYMCO'S BUILT IN CHINA
« on: December 19, 2015, 02:05:44 AM »
I was surprised to find out the Kymco Super 8, Super 9 and Agility are built in Kymco's China plant to keep costs down.

2wheelfun

• View Profile
Re: KYMCO'S BUILT IN CHINA
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2015, 03:13:56 AM »
The Taiwanese scoots are better built is a given ok? But the price on a Agility 125 ie. and the PRC quality/kymco standards makes up for the junk.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: KYMCO'S BUILT IN CHINA
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2015, 04:47:29 PM »
The LIKE200i's sold in N. America are made in China, too.
I've been through this scoot from one end to the other for a couple of years - and other than the Kenda tires (which some owners have no issues with) I have no concerns about its quality of parts or construction. The two year warranty is in place - just as on the Tai made Kymcos.

We have good parts availability from a couple of national part houses , on-line manuals and reasonable prices for new models and parts for same.

Major Japanese scooter companies are sourcing their bikes from Thailand, Vietnam, Italy, India, etc. - so, that is the world market these days. Since Kymco stands behind their products - I am finding myself less concerned about where they are shipping from.

I own an American truck made in Canada, a Japanese car made in the USA, recently added a Korean car after a drunk hit-and-run, a scooter made in China (flying Italian flags ?) and another made in Japan - and my son's Honda bike is from Thailand. My wife's from California - kids were made in Massachusetts, Florida & Ohio.

Haven't looked to see where my Fruit-o-the-looms are made - probably North Korea.
But by dam my sausage and eggs are from Ohio!
Stig (made in US Zone, Germany... by a young woman from Tenn. & airman from Ohio)
Couple of Xmas pictures....

what was the question, again?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 04:49:21 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()