Author Topic: Any deer hunters out there.  (Read 1386 times)

blue

• View Profile
Any deer hunters out there.
« on: November 14, 2015, 02:18:56 AM »
Any of you guys go deer hunting. If so good luck and be safe.

EYEEZ

• View Profile
Re: Any deer hunters out there.
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2015, 09:39:05 PM »
                               Just got back 2 hours ago from my hunting camp. Heavy winds 30-40 MPH Friday and Saturday
This morning was beautiful 32 and sunny. Didn't see anything in the 2 1/2 days but it's great to be in the woods.
Saw 2 new scrapes so that's a good sign.

boo

• I hate censorship people manipulate you
    • View Profile
deer hunted all my life
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2015, 11:20:44 PM »
I`m not in good health now and don`t hunt anymore. Do not have the energy to climb the ridges anymore.
A lot of people do not understand that hunters love the woods and outdoors as much as the hunt.
Safe to all and good hunts in the days ahead.
300GTI black
Pro 2A - member GOA & NRA

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2015, 01:56:52 AM »
No luck this year . It was to warm out and the deer wear not moveing at all.I was out for 4 days .and only see like 3 does. One I could of took down .But let it walk because it was small.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2015, 01:19:03 PM »
I go hunting 'em ever' sunrise.
Hope I never find one!
November is scooter hunting season for deers around here.
Stig
:-) :-)
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2015, 02:35:49 PM »
I know what you mean Stig. On my way home a couple of days ago, it was dark, the car approaching me struck a deer and sent it sliding across the lane of the car in front of me. Hope I never find one either. Good luck to all the hunters with guns out there!
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

randyo

• Farmington, Strafford County, New Hampshire, USA
    • View Profile
Re: deer hunted all my life
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2015, 05:08:58 PM »
I`m not in good health now and don`t hunt anymore. Do not have the energy to climb the ridges anymore.
A lot of people do not understand that hunters love the woods and outdoors as much as the hunt.
Safe to all and good hunts in the days ahead.

I hunted in my younger years, growing up in Vermont, then becoming a land surveyor, I moved to New Hampshire 40 years ago, hunted a couple years but gave it up, it was discouraging, poor game management, but times have changed, management is better now, being a surveyor in a rural area I see it, actually been thinking of taking up hunting again but my health has recently stumbled.

I don't see deer as big a threat to 2 wheel motorists as I do turkeys, their reintroduction has been more than successful, in some areas turkeys are becoming a nuisance
RandyO
IBA#9560

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2015, 05:43:50 PM »
I hunted in my younger years, growing up in Vermont, then becoming a land surveyor, I moved to New Hampshire 40 years ago, hunted a couple years but gave it up, it was discouraging, poor game management, but times have changed, management is better now, being a surveyor in a rural area I see it, actually been thinking of taking up hunting again but my health has recently stumbled.

I don't see deer as big a threat to 2 wheel motorists as I do turkeys, their reintroduction has been more than successful, in some areas turkeys are becoming a nuisance

Hit a 25.7 lb HoneySuckle in isle 7 yesterday with my baskart.
Helluva mess, but probably saved a scooterist's life!
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2015, 06:40:10 PM »
These days I just spot them while riding. The last view weeks I've seen dozens out riding. Some walk up to within a couple of feet of me when I stop to admire. I miss those days hunting with my grandfather. We'd shoot Kentucky Long Rifle flintlocks. In his later years he shot 30-6 or 30-30 as loading blackpowder became too much work.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2015, 02:28:13 AM »
These days I just spot them while riding. The last view weeks I've seen dozens out riding. Some walk up to within a couple of feet of me when I stop to admire. I miss those days hunting with my grandfather. We'd shoot Kentucky Long Rifle flintlocks. In his later years he shot 30-6 or 30-30 as loading blackpowder became too much work.

That's back when hunting was a sport.Now its just a game. you sit in a warming shed and wait to take down what walks out in front of you. Hunting to me is a sport. when I go I sit on a branch in the woods and wait out in the cold.
Or hide behide a tree. and walk the woods to get my deer.These days guys take the meaning of hunting out of the sport.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()