Author Topic: Technigas Next R on LC super 9  (Read 11576 times)

dont_tread_on_me

• View Profile
Re: Technigas Next R on LC super 9
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2010, 08:12:22 AM »
  Thanks to everyone for the replies.As of right now,it's runing very well.I think it may flatten out a bit in the 40MPH range,but nothing terrible.Will a new torque spring help that? I'm thinking of getting a torque spring and a roller test kit that has various weight to try to see what will work best.I just need to know what size weight I need...anyone know...?

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2010, 12:18:24 PM »
Thanks to everyone for the replies.As of right now,it's runing very well.I think it may flatten out a bit in the 40MPH range,but nothing terrible.Will a new torque spring help that? I'm thinking of getting a torque spring and a roller test kit that has various weight to try to see what will work best.I just need to know what size weight I need...anyone know...?
             you just said it bro, "try and see what works best"...lmao.its a project, several runs to find it but 7s/7.5s should have you right in the ballpark...... yeah, a spring will help also..i run the malossi white right now., try one of those....if your smarter than i...lmao, there is a thread/link about variator setup all by itself..it reall helps but of course i still have trouble dialing mine in completely.....lmao
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

yogi

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2010, 02:43:07 PM »
So just too pipe in on this LOL

Are you guys saying an aftermarket air filter say K&N style will benifit the S9 with a decent pipe on ?

art

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2010, 04:21:33 PM »
Not without jetting properly than you'll get quite an increase!  The weights size should be 16x13x your choice  ;)
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2010, 05:02:48 PM »
I BELIEVE, I BELIEVE!!!!!........ :D   ;D   ;)      come on, become a believer.. ;)
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

dont_tread_on_me

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2010, 08:57:30 PM »
  From what I can find out I might have an 85 or a 92.I really hate to have it pulled apart to find out for sure which.Then I'll have to order one,then wait on it to get here so someone can put it back together.If I knew which one it was for sure I'd have a starting point to order the next few sizes up.I'll have someone else do this one because it's above my comfort level at least for now..

art

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2010, 09:02:16 PM »
 It is pretty easy,can be done in 15 min. once you know how. 4 or so bolt in the seet bucket two on the carb and out it comes,once that pesky airbox is gone!  ;D 4screw at the bottem of the carb remove the floats and theres your jets  ;)
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

dont_tread_on_me

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2010, 11:16:46 PM »
  Actually doesn't sound that bad.So I won't lose any adjustments or anything like that? What about the throttle cable,does it have to be removed and how much trouble it is?

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2010, 11:47:38 PM »
no, you wont lose any adjustments unless you move screws. ;)  its not bad, pretty easy there...if like mine, just unscrew the throttle valve and pull out..when you put back, be easy, it should slide all the way down, minimil effort to tighten back.
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

dont_tread_on_me

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2010, 08:10:51 AM »
  Ok so I'm thinking a white torque spring,a new airbox/filter (still need a recommendation there) along with bigger jet/s and an experimental set of rollers so I can dial it in better after the torque spring is in...so far so good? Any other suggestions? I have no idea what to get for the airbox,do I need a new box and filter of just a better filter? Almost forgot,will the white spring fit the stock clutch setup?

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2010, 10:50:44 AM »
hey tread...yeah, you got it bro...yeah, when you look at springs just get for your application.(alot will cross refferance)(provoscooter.com is where i ordered mine,pretty good store)...you want a k+n open style cone shaped filter..(shop for prices,some stores are more costly)..yeah, i also need a roller tunning kit. :D  (provoscooter has those also)..(malossi rollers are the best after you get it tuned in to the right wieghts).just take carb bowl off and check your jet sizes, and order some new goodies... ;D   good to replace once a yr anyway........good luck bro...
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

dont_tread_on_me

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2010, 09:53:37 AM »
  I'm kind of thinking that the new airbox will be quite a bit louder than what it is now,and trying to stay "moped" legal I really don't want to draw undue attention to myself by excess noise.People have already told me the pipe is louder,but not unacceptably so,but I'm unsure how the local "fuzz" would be about it.Is there a better filter I can get without replacing the airbox?

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2010, 11:22:11 AM »
if its louder, then ppl can KNOW your there and maybe not run over you. ;D ;)    yeah, itll get louder, mine did...the local fuzz dont pay me any attention on mine here...everybody hears me coming tho. :D ;)   as long as your not breaking any laws, the po po wont bother you....oh wait, where are you located?????????..in the u.s??..
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

dont_tread_on_me

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2010, 11:35:23 AM »
  I'm in virginia,35 MPH is the legal top speed limit for moped class scooters.That's why top end isn't really my goal.I run faster than I should,but don't try to press my luck either.I have a good feeling i'm running a 92 jet now.I pulled the plug the other day and so far it looks fine,After I get the new plug/s I'm going to do it again,but if I don't get and airbox I'm sure i'll be fine with the current jetting.I would like a better flowing filter though.Anyone make a better factory replacement?

dont_tread_on_me

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2010, 11:37:40 AM »
  Almost forgot,The carb model is the KEIHIN PB14 not pb16 so IDK if there are any replacement jets made for that carb...anyone?

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()