Author Topic: Technigas Next R on LC super 9  (Read 11575 times)

art

• View Profile
Re: Technigas Next R on LC super 9
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2010, 06:22:58 AM »
  Just another thought on rollers,if it's the same as the people 50cc 8.5g is the stock weight. I found after the mods your going to do 7.0g to 7.5g worked well. Not sure if the s9 is the same. If it is and wanting more low and mid go with the 7,but i found you'll want the 7.5 for all around and a little more top after you get used to the performance. Of corse this led to even more (caution!) Modding is habbit forming!!!  ;D  :D  ;)
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

dont_tread_on_me

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2010, 11:44:53 AM »
  Ok guys,I got the pipe yesterday,and I didn't realize there is some assembly required,so I opened up the box and decided it didn't look all that complicated,so I put it together.I was going to have my mechanic buddy from work install the pipe and rollers,So I figured I would save his time by doing this step for him.He is putting on new tires as well (Michelin Pilot sport) anyway.
  Well after sitting there staring at the damn thing and realizing that I couldn't just sit there and look at it,I got off my chair cushion warmer and decided I could do this myself.What worried me the most is the nut on the variator because I knew they can be a PITA to get off without a impact driver.So I changed the pipe first because I figured this should be the easiest.After getting the pipe on there,I took it for a short run to see what difference there was without the new rollers.All I can say to that was WOW!
  My poor scoot wouldn't get out of it's own way! It felt like it was stuck in first gear and wouldn't wind up to change.Well I figured it was going to suck without the new rollers,but I didn't think that much! So the next step was removing the cover of the crankcase.All went well except that far left nut is a bitch to get to.Surprisingly the variator nut was fairly trouble free after figuring out that I can use a screwdriver to hold the kickstart wheel from spinning.
  After removing everything and looking at the old rollers,I had a good feeling the new rollers were the ticket.The old ones were pretty rough,and understandably so seeing as how they are the original set.They had flat spots and grooves in them....yummy! Ok so after getting everything back together,I just put two screws in the cover and took it out again to test things out.Let's just say it was like driving two different scooters.
  It comes out of the hole much better,no dead spots and it will peg the speedo way past 50 MPH.I'm not sure how fast it's actually going but it revs much higher now too.This has to be the best $170 bucks I've spent in a while.By the way the stock belt looked great so I didn't bother to change it.Now I just need tires and a new plug and I'm good to go.I may play with rollers down the road as It is still a tiny bit weak in the midrange but the airbox may take care of that,along with bigger jets.
  The best part along with feeling great about not fudging it up,and it works well,is that I saved a few bucks worth of labor charges!

dont_tread_on_me

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2010, 01:07:20 PM »
  I've been thinking about this some more...(Don't tell me I told you so about moding either dang it  ;D)...but I was wondering how much would a performance variator help my midrange and hill performance.I've already decided to get lighter rollers,but I don't know what size the super 9 uses,and I don't know what weight the Technigas kit came with.So in order to be able to decide which ones to get,I need to know where to start from.From what I understand lighter is better for low end and hills,but may cut your top end some,which is fine by me.
  Also does anyone know the difference betwen an NGK-BR6HSA and an NGK-BR8HSA spark plugs.My manual lists both and doesn't really say which one is best...?

Looking at this...
http://www.scootertronics.com/drpuva.html

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2010, 01:35:30 PM »
congrats dude....woooo hooooo!!!. gotta love it.....see, it is habit forming.. ;D ;)   if i am correct the rollers that came with kit are like 8g..   try some 7s... art told about the plug chops..they do work. :D  youll have a small pile for future use. ;D    dont know if you have changed the contra spring yet, that may need it next... ;)   but youll definately need to do some after the open filter, gotta rejet.....youll likey.. ;)
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

dont_tread_on_me

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2010, 02:10:33 PM »
  Ok without doing anything else yet,what will a new contra spring do,should I go lighter or stiffer on that? I think the stock rollers are 8.5 so I thought the new ones I have are something like 7 now,but I might be wrong.I was thinking somewhere around 6.5 or so to get the bottom end and midrange really pulling good.It's not bad now but I think it could be a bit better.I have a lot of hills and drive in town a lot so top end isn't as crucial,plus it's a ticket getter as well.What size/dimensions are the rollers,I can't find it anywhere online...

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2010, 03:32:41 PM »
well, im getting ready to go to 6s.. 7s should do you good for now, i am slightly more modded than you right now..im not certain but i think they measure 16x13mm on the rollers..on the contra, i am running the malossi white(1000), tried the malossi yellow(1500) but i think to still for now...i also have alot of hills, the white does pretty good..itll help the hills,
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

art

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2010, 05:52:59 PM »
 You should try the weights that came with it,If you have one oh those digi scales from back in the day  ;) you can weigh them. You will also want to go to the stiffer spring It will allow your rpm's to climb higher defore enguageing. may even want  the 1500 yellow or the malossi green. If you go this road it will change your roller weight again. I know your not concierned about top but when all is right you will get good performance all the way through.
 Try the spring first,you will most likely need a torqu wrench for this side and a vice or clamps to keep the clutch compressd to get it apart. and a large wrench for the keeper bolt.
 I think someone has the BUG !!!   :o  ;) ;D

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2010, 06:39:26 PM »
since its still stock, wouldnt the yellow or green be to stiff?????? yellow seemed to still for me, but idk...rpms took to long to rev up and engage anywhere...idk
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

art

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2010, 07:28:35 PM »
 Usually get a white spring with one of the kits,my thoughts on the s9 is it's making a little more power out of the box,said he has been pegging the needle allready. So may be able to go to next. Deffinetly try the white first. I havn't got to play with an s9 yet so I dont realy know,but i think it's similar to the people 50 2t.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 11:50:56 PM by art »

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2010, 10:17:34 PM »
true that.....its hard to keep remembering that i am in a class all alone. :'(  :D  ;)
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

art

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2010, 12:39:41 AM »
  Seems my post on your plug range didn't make it. The br8 should be fine in reality the more air you move you may want to go to a cooler plug like a br9. The plugs they mention in the book would be for extreme cold or high altitude and are in fact hotter running plugs(the lower the # the hotter the plug) Go figure  :D  and with mods heat is the enemy. hope that helps.

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2010, 12:58:53 AM »
i have always ran the br8....hmmm, more plug choices.. ;D  i am at a higher altitude than everybody else it seems so maybe a br9 isnt needed. :-\
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

art

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2010, 01:53:23 AM »
 I'm running the br8hix now and has been better than all the rest. Go figure  :o I think i'm on to something with my hot rod i'll post later in the people threads (if i don't pass out!) The only reason i can't test my theory right now  :P  :D  ;)

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2010, 02:29:41 AM »
hadnt seen that.just always got the br8hsa....hmmmmn....i be waiting...if you dont pass out.. :D
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

art

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2010, 03:11:42 AM »
 Thats the iridiom hwever its spelled woo hoo some ones got a buzz  :D

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()