Author Topic: fuel grade, oil type and spark plugs  (Read 1090 times)

magordon7

• View Profile
fuel grade, oil type and spark plugs
« on: July 25, 2010, 08:24:46 PM »
whats up guys! i was at the pump the other day looking at the grades if fuel so i decided to fill with 93 grade. is this ok? what do yall use? also i know i have full synthetic oil is there a particular brand recommended? as for spark plugs im clueless feel i should replace mine at 2000km just to see if it helps any. iridium is more expensive but does it make that much more of a diff? im positive my spark is right kind its beautifully coated chocolate brown on the tip with no specks or crud. just a few more general questions for u scoot experts. im sure this could be usefull for other noobs like me lol thanks again guys btw i love this forum

juice

• View Profile
Re: fuel grade, oil type and spark plugs
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 10:42:57 PM »
If your super 9 is a 2 stroke you will want to continue to use high test gas and I add 1 oz. per gal of seafoam gas additive to counteract the the effects of ethanol . I use amsoil interceptor synthetic 2 stroke oil for oil injected engines and I have had very good results with NGK iridium plugs , they don't foul as easily . You will probably want to get a "smart" battery charger such as the battery tender jr for the winter months as well . Enjoy your scoot and Good luck .

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
Re: fuel grade, oil type and spark plugs
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 09:16:40 PM »
...yup...what juice said....

;D
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()