Author Topic: 2018 People s 150 abs won't start  (Read 12222 times)

i.kaptan

• View Profile
Re: 2018 People s 150 abs won't start
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2019, 11:05:16 AM »
I am from thessaloniki greece
I bought the scooter from ΑUTO MOTO LAND ΠΑΠΑΝΙΚΟΛΗΣ
ΚΩΝ/ΠΟΛΕΩΣ 41, ΘΕΣΣΑΛΟΝΙΚΗ
info@automotoland.gr

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2019, 12:30:13 PM »
How do you spell, "Bingo!"

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2019, 02:00:10 PM »
Yeah, Stig! Dead center! Now, I am making notes for jumping on the official warpath....!
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2019, 05:30:36 PM »
Update: many messages, all ignored. One response was to address a cosmetic problem where the paint wore off the handlebar plastic but Mr. Kaptan did not want to deal with that until the cold start issue was solved. I agree with his decision completely. The importer has told him they were busy and would call him back but, of course, that never happens. I think (my biased, hard-headed opinion), since the service manual seems unavailable, they are afraid to troubleshoot this problem. Further, since Kymco and others are so stingy with time compensation, the dealers won't do anything but throw parts at any problem. I have sent an email directly to Taiwan but it will be ignored just like all the rest that they were copied. You can just kiss the two year warranty off the way these people are. Mr. Kaptan and I will fix this thing if he is willing and no one responds soon. We will show them!
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2019, 02:34:25 PM »
Here is my latest to Kymco:
Kymcoglobal@gmail.com

To: President or CEO, Kymco

Dear sir,

I find it remarkable that NO ONE in your organization has even responded to my several emails in any manner. Usually professionals acknowledge receipt of the original message. Here is an addition to my original message concerning the TOTAL LACK of warranty support of customer Iordanis Kaptan from his selling dealer, Auto Moto Land in Thessaloniki, Greece (near Athens): Kymco warranty is worthless when dealers like this TOTALLY IGNORE a problem with your product. The cause of this is the system wide poor support of the factory (you) and the various importers for the dealers. Parts is not the problem. You are generally very generous of supplying parts to fix problems. You are very stingy with time and dealers simply will not spend their own money to satisfy the customer needs. Now, I will testify that my experience with the Kymco scooters and one UXV500i has been EXCELLENT! However, I have never relied on a dealer to solve any real problems as I have solved them myself, sometimes with the help of the Kymcoforum.com. I also contribute to that forum like in this case to help some poor guy whose dealer has left him to "twist in the wind" with a defect. I think Mr. Kaptan and I are close to solving his problem without ANY of you! One thing we are not worrying about is voiding the warranty!

Karl Shumaker
Whiteville, TN USA

This situation is aggravating and incomprehensible. Dealers refuse any tech help and then pull this in both US and Greece. Nothing has changed except Jordan Kaptan and I will try to sort this and then we will tell all!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 02:36:29 PM by CROSSBOLT »
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2019, 03:12:13 PM »
Here is my latest with the names I found:

17 April 2019

Allen Ko, Chairman

Mr. Cheng, CEO

Kymco Global/Taiwan

Dear Mr. Ko and Mr. Cheng,

I am sorry if these names are incorrect as they were the only ones available for the positions. I am also sorry to write this letter but it is one of many attempts to get warranty response for a Mr. Iordanis Kaptan of Thessaloniki, Greece who bought a new 2018 People S150 ABS last October. This scooter has malfunctioned very soon after purchase and Mr. Kaptan's dealer has been either unable or unwilling to honor the warranty. Repeated calls and messages to the dealer, Auto Moto of Thessaloniki, to the importer, Moto Trend, SA,Greece have been unanswered or ignored. Several of my messages to them and you have been either unanswered or ignored. I am confident that I and others could find the cause and repair the scooter through Mr. Kaptan if no response is received. The only problem would be obtaining parts under warranty if parts were required. So I request that you:

1. Arrange for Mr. Kaptan to obtain warranty parts (if parts are necessary) OR
 2. INSIST your dealer honor the two-year warranty before it expires.

I thank you in advance for your time on this matter.

Karl Shumaker
Whiteville, TN USA
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2019, 11:54:54 AM »
The latest on this: Moto Trend SA sends me TODAY a message on fb messenger claiming they sent it on 2 April! Says they had the dealer put the Kymco analyzer on the bike but could find nothing wrong! I will try to post their letter...
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2019, 04:17:50 PM »
I must apologize for not seeing this message in a timely fashion. It is my mistake. However, when it became obvious I was ignoring this message, why did you fail to send another one or call my attention to it?

As far as the Kymco analyzer tool is concerned it would show normal unless the trouble was happening the instant the tool was used. Your technicians are therefore deficient in not realizing this is an intermittent problem. Mr. Kaptan's video captures one of the effects of this problem: blinkers were very slow indicating low voltage. The battery was/is not the problem. A bad connection is the cause of this problem. I am very familiar with the design intentions of Kymco and am aware of the voltage requirements of the system to allow starting. Your technicians are unaware of these facts and have sent Mr. Kaptan away with no resolution. The machine is defective and should be replaced. Or your technicians should listen to me as I would guide them to find the cause.

Kymco scooters, in my experience, are some of the world's best. I have had 6 different machines and all have been very reliable and easy starters. I spend a great deal of time studying the problems of others, analyzing the problems and recommending repairs which are normally effective. In other words I know what I am saying, technically. Mr. Kaptan's machine is defective and should either be repaired or replaced.

I look forward to further communication on this in a timely manner. I will try not to repeat my mistake of missing your message.

Karl Shumaker
Whiteville, Tennessee, USA
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

----- Forwarded Message -----
To: "karlshumaker@yahoo.com" <karlshumaker@yahoo.com>, "info@automotoland.gr" <info@automotoland.gr>, "kymcoglobal@gmail.com" <kymcoglobal@gmail.com>
Cc: "info@rideapart.com" <info@rideapart.com>, "dan@scooterland.com" <dan@scooterland.com>, "slanford@kymcousa.com" <slanford@kymcousa.com>, "mmasters@kymcousa.com" <mmasters@kymcousa.com>
Sent: Tue, Apr 2, 2019 at 1:28
Subject: RE: To Auto Moto Land
Dear Mr  Shumaker,

We thank you for the information and your personal interest to solve Mr Kaptan’s problem.

As you might be aware, our dealer and our technical department are in contact with the captioned consumer trying to solve the problem he reports.

However, the problem is not detected when the scooter is brought to service shop and no malfunction is recorded in KYMCO diagnostic tool.

For this reason the scooter was kept several days in workshop to test the cold start in the morning, but it was not possible to experience the problem that Mr Kaptan reported.

Some of these tests were done in presence of him.

The problem is shown only on a YouTube film he uploaded.

In addition, trusting his reports for the problem, all necessary check outs and preventive parts’ replacements were done, but in vain as user “claims” that the problem persists!

For this reason it was reported to the factory who sent a special  instrument to record the ECU and electric system function of his scooter. The procedure was completed last week and the instrument was returned to the factory.

We are expecting the factory’s report and of course if a problem is detected, be sure that it will be solved in the best way as KYMCO is committed to offer excellent aftersales service.

So it is completely unacceptable to accuse our dealers for “very poor customer service” or indifference in consumer’s problem, but it is self-understood that the whole procedure takes time.

You can also understand that replacement of a scooter that already has some thousand miles on its odometer, is not possible if a problem does not really exists.

Thanks again,

Customers’ support department

Περιγραφή: Περιγραφή: cid:image001.png@01D10B3F.43C51650

56, Vryoulon str.

143 41  N. Philadelphia – Athens

GREECE

T +30 210 2585991

F +30 210 2585993

Ε  info@kymco.gr

www.kymco.gr

Περιγραφή: cid:image002.png@01D4E936.2B349880

This is the message! It went! Now they have two!

Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2019, 04:20:39 PM »
This is second message....

Dear Unknown person at Moto Trend SA,

I have received your message of 2 April 2019 on fb messenger and have found your message in my email "trash" but when I tried to return a message acknowledging my mistake it failed to transmit. So now I am doing this over directly on email.

I admit I missed your message on email. I will try not to repeat the mistake. I apologize and beg your forgiveness.

You technicians are deficient in not realizing the problem is intermittent. Mr. Kaptan's video is probably the best evidence of a low voltage problem that would only show on the Kymco analyzer if the problem was actually happening when the analyzer tool was connected. And it would only show low voltage and/or fluctuating voltage. I deduce this by watching the video Mr. Kaptan posted with the slow blinker signal and the starter cranking but no start. I always thought that European technicians, especially Greek technicians were far ahead of US techs but I guess not in this case. I am a qualified technician, mechanic and ship's engineer that would be happy and eager to assist your technicians in finding and repairing this problem. This service is offered free of charge and at your convenience. If you refuse this offer then you should honor the Kymco warranty and replace the unit for Mr. Kaptan without further delay.

I am enthusiastic about Kymco design and production quality. In most situations, their two year warranty is a safe bet since their machines are well-built and reliable. Only occasionally do they malfunction. This is one of those occasions. Please repair it or replace it.

I wait eagerly for your response.

Karl Shumaker
Whiteville, Tennessee, USA

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2019, 04:21:50 PM »
I don't know - IS the owner able to refuse to take back the scooter until the service dept. can replicate his problem?

I parked my LIKE200i (with the intermittent failing TPS) with the service dept., bought a new Honda Forza from another dealer and rode off into the sunrise.
My youtube video, and my refusal to take back the scooter, and intervention from a Kymco service rep. finally got me a new throttle body under my warranty.....and a perfectly running scooter again. (going on 6 yrs now)

Putting the running scooter on the diagnostic tool and finding no faults - is quite possible in my opinion.
The issue is that too often it won't start. Correct?

He must leave the scooter with them until they have a no start!

Stig

Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2019, 04:31:20 PM »
Good points, Stig. I do not know if Mr. Kaptan thought of thet. I did not. Yes, poor or no start. Flame-out on occasion. Slow blinkers. They had his bike for 10 days I think and found nothing. They would fiddle with the throttle and get it started and recommend he do the same. He has a bad B+ connection or a bad ground. You better believe it was YOUR case I referenced! What a peeing contest that was!
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2019, 10:27:44 PM »
The latest on this is they are finally responding, sort of. The word is the factory will send an ECU for the dealer to install at the end of May! Jordan asked for the arrangement to be put in writing and either the importer or the dealer said that cannot be done. Jordan and I had a lengthy conversation over messenger about this. Neither of us trust the importer/dealer at this point. I find it so hard to understand how difficult they have made the warranty process and I think the root of the problem is the dealer. I do not know what Jordan is going to do but will keep you posted. This situation does NOT change my opinion of dealers and their techs at all. What good is a two year guarntee/warranty if the dealer ignores its provisions?
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

i.kaptan

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2019, 08:31:11 AM »
I would like to give an answer to the mail that mototrend send. They say that they have not detected any problem when i went the scooter to the service.Three times when i went there the scooter was Dead and I couldn't start the scooter so the problem isn't only on the YouTube film that I have uploaded.
Also the first time that I went there if the scooter had no problem why they keep it for 13 days and finally they changed the battery.
They say that a replacement of a scooter that already has some thousand miles on the odometer it's not possible.
The first time  that I went to service it was during the 3rd week that I have bought the scooter and it only had a few hundred miles.
The latest update is that they sending an upgraded ecu for installing on the scooter and they said if also doesn't fix the bike they will take the scooter back.( i don't know if i can trust them).
At this point I would like to comment the after sales service support of Kymco. Crossbolt and I have sent many mails to kymco global and we didn't had any answer from them so if you have any problem don't count on them!
I would like to Thanks Crossbolt for his time and effort about my case he had Nothing to gain but he spend many hours sending mails and trying to find the problem on the scooter. Thank you!!!

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2019, 11:06:24 AM »
Sorry for your troubles with your dealer.
But, looks like it will finally be resolved in your favor. ....new ECU or they'll take back the scooter.
Good work to all involved (not the first time Bulldog Crossbolt has been deployed for a warranty issue!😊)
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2019, 06:16:12 PM »
You are welcome! Hopefully, this new ECU will fix the problem (don't think it will) or they will actually take the original back. Now it is wait again to see what is next. This is a test to see if any of us use bad words...
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()