Author Topic: Plow length  (Read 533 times)

dlongo

• View Profile
Plow length
« on: December 25, 2017, 03:30:54 AM »
What is the best length plow for a 450i.  I read some things that when you put the plow on an angle you end up pushing the snow into the front tire on the one side. Thoughts?

airshot

• View Profile
Re: Plow length
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2017, 01:45:12 AM »
   Depends on length of plow blade and the angle it is set on.  On my blade which is 62" wide has two angle settings, just guessing at 10 and mabey 20 or 25 degrees, on the steepest angle it still plows a path wider than the tires, some guys use a 72" wide blade, but with deep snow it can become impossible to push that much snow. have had no issues with my 62" wide blade at all, normally use the lesser angle when plowing, rarely have I needed the steeper angle.  Those winches really use up battery power though, just came in from plowing some serious drifts across my drive, it is night/dark so lights were needed and my machine sets out in an unheated barn so lots of battery power was used to get her going along with the lights, by the time I finished she was getting weak. Hooked up the charger overnite, will be looking for a trickle charger to keep hooked up thru the winter here shortly.

2015uxv450

• View Profile
Re: Plow length
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2017, 02:14:47 AM »
I made a 72” plow for my 450. Pushed through and did my 900’ driveway today with zero struggles. I was even pushing back banks from previous storms with it

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()