Author Topic: nothing  (Read 9241 times)

ChandlerScoot

• View Profile
Re: Xciting 500
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2012, 05:02:35 PM »
Hi Munks, I'm glad you received your windshield. Just so you know, I've been following the build on your bike. Funny thing is that when I log onto this site, I look forward to what you and Hoolander have done! Not too many of the XC500's rolling around let alone any in my neck of the woods. Keep up the great work and like anything else in life, just hang in there. I will post when I receive my 'screen.
Simon
2009 Kymco Xciting Ri With no mods.

ChandlerScoot

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2012, 04:48:56 AM »
Now that looks F'in bad ass! Awesome transformation. Definitely gives it a sport look. I love it!
Simon

ChandlerScoot

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2012, 12:42:02 AM »
The exhaust tone is nice when you rev it up. Have you taken it out for a ride yet? If so what are you impressions of the rear shocks? I am thinking of changing mine out but only if it helps drop an inch or two and is not a stiff ride.
Overall, your bike looks way hot. Nice transformation! Amazing how the restyled windshield changes the whole look.
Simon

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2012, 01:36:27 AM »
Very nice Munks. It's a real "Tuner" in my book. I have a link to turbo chargers for your next "itch".
http://www.chinese-parts-canada.com/turbocharger_fuel_injection.html
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Hoolander2

• View Profile
Re: Xciting 500 with intake mods and accessories
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2012, 05:22:00 PM »
Really very nice, Munks!  I'm especially envious of the shocks.  Thanks for the pictures and the detailed info on all you've done.   ;)  I bet it'll help me and others in the future. Enjoy riding!! 

ce

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2012, 05:31:14 PM »
What main jet did you end up at?

I'm at 5300 feet in elevation so the stock 118 was way rich, so I dropped it down to a 105 which was great.

After I installed the Leo Vince it seemed lean so I bumped it back up to a 115, and I'm pretty happy with it as the airbox is still stock, but it still pops sometimes on decceleration.

Do you still have the 40 pilot jet, and is there still a low end bog with your idle set so High?
Albuquerque, New Mexico

ce

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2012, 09:06:44 PM »
My plug is a nice tan, and the idle mix is 2 1/2 turns out, I fiddled with it quite a bit to get steady revs up and back down on the stand, and almost seamless acceleration under load, but I think I'll try a half turn in for a little more snap.

I thought the Leo Vince would require more fuel on its own, so I might go down to the 108 after more idle mixing, or maybe a 38 pilot jet, but I like the quietness of the stock airbox, even with the Leo, behind the Givi windshield at 75 miles per hour it's nice and pleasant.

That Givi is kind of a big old sail though, and I keep bumping into it, so now that it's warm, I'll put a sport shield on it and try hauling ass. I had it to 150KPH when I was trying to keep up with my son on the Silverwing.

Your mods are an inspiration and your scoot is a proper representative of what the pundits call the "Flagship" of the Kymco fleet.

I'm just crazy about Kymco, so thanks for wrenching and rolling, it gives us all a lot of reassurance.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

ce

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2012, 06:14:55 PM »
Yeah, with the 118 it was blowing black wet soot out of the muffler when it was cold, so I had to do something. The 105 ran good, but the engine sure felt lean with the Leo Vince, but I think I did another overbound with the 115.

I'll go 110, and that's my final offer, unless I try a K&N filter on an 8 inch snorkel to try and bring more air in...

I had good luck cutting a couple coils off the diaphragm spring in a 26mm carb on the Flyscooter, it took the sag right out of mid range, so I should get some more parts to mess with in the CVK 36, I already had to replace a torn diaphragm in the 250 Xciting, something that seems pretty common.

I want to get the engine tuned before I put on a Malossi variator that I got for $150 on ebay, it came with 20 gram weights, which seemed way light, so I ordered some 24s and 28s from welshscooterparts in the UK.

This mod habit can get expensive, but it's not as demanding as women and children, and in many ways, it's much more satisfying.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2012, 12:30:07 AM »
Kids are more fun but they always grow up, and leave. Tuning can become an obsession... 22 days of my life on posting about tuning. That's REAL time my friends. Wonder what the Cigarettes have taken?
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

ChandlerScoot

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2012, 04:28:45 PM »
How do you like the Hella Yellow Star? I've got the PIAA version. At first, I wasn't sure what to think but now, I can't imagine riding around with anything else. I do know it makes a difference in being seen. It has avoided many left turners from crossing my path so far  :D
Simon

ce

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2012, 09:17:44 PM »
Yeah, Munks, I'm on the scene with a 500 Xciting, but I also have a 250 that I got cheap. And a  Venox.

And a Grand Vista that I got real cheap just a couple weeks ago, but that's it, I'm not buying any more Kymcos, not until I get a garage like Chandlerscoot's, he's got like a Jay Leno garage.

I ride a different one to work every day, except the Venox, because it's a motorcycle. I park for free downtown at a bicycle rack, because, hey, it's just a scooter!

I started out with a 50, and then they just kept getting bigger and bigger, until there's a big old 500 out there, and nobody complained.

People had noticed though, and one day the security guard came out and said everyone was commenting on the scooters, and they all agreed, they liked the black 500 Xciting the best, that is one beautiful scooter.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2012, 03:09:41 AM »
Luvin it Munks

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2012, 08:24:46 AM »
I have a feeling that is one Kymco I may not be able to beat.
I've seen some real cool set ups running the filter into the seat well. It keeps it out of the rain/dirt, and keeps the noise down. I'm thinking about doing it myself. If there is even water on the road I can't ride or it seals up, and floods the engine with raw fuel.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2012, 11:24:52 PM »
Running that long intake should have given a big boost to the bottom end torque. Like the old school high rise venturi stacks. It has kept good top end? If you try experimenting with reducers you may find a formula that REALLY boosts the torque. Maybe 2-3hp gains in just the tube diameter.

ChandlerScoot

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2012, 11:50:41 PM »
I like that mod. Looks like the way the factory could have done it.
Simon

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()