Author Topic: what color should I paint scoot  (Read 8911 times)

blue

• View Profile
what color should I paint scoot
« on: September 05, 2010, 12:53:35 AM »
looking to repaint scoot this winter was thinking army green or should I stay blue or go
some other color.give me some ideas please.

blue

• View Profile
Re: what color should I paint scoot
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010, 02:10:35 PM »
realy like this but not 100  % sure

scootergrisen

• View Profile
    • scootergrisen
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 02:02:27 AM »
Can you show a picture of your scooter. Maby that will help us.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 02:16:30 AM »
this is it right now.

spr0k3t

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2010, 01:13:27 PM »
This is going to sound kind of strange... but picture this... flat desert yellow (like the military unit color) mixed with high contrast flat black.  If you like the army green at least, might want to consider it.

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2010, 01:32:01 PM »
I like mattee black color.
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2010, 02:12:32 PM »
Army green is good. I don't think I've ever seen one in army green, then again, I don't see many scooters at all around where I am. Just a few here and there. If there aren't many that color where you are folks will start to recognize you by your scooter. Like when PT Cruiser cars first came out, it took about a year or so before they started popping up here, but not many people have them. And I know who drives the yellow one and who drives the maroon one because they aren't common here in town. I suppose that could be good or bad, if you want to stand out or blend in. I always thought I would hate that bright kawasaki green until I saw a Super 8 in that color up close at the dealer the other day and I thought, well, that's not half bad. Mine came in blue because that is what I could find and afford, but if I could paint it any color I wanted, I would probably either go to Google Images and type in the brand name and look at each color that popped up then open a picture of one in a photo editing program and play with the hue and saturation and such and see which color really caught my eye. Army green looks pretty good, I don't think I would go much darker green than that, though.

spr0k3t

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2010, 03:08:20 PM »
This is the best I can do with the short amount of time.  Have a look and let me know what you think.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2010, 08:32:53 PM »
not bad im thinking of adding more paint like down on the sides wear some of the black is at.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2010, 08:33:41 PM »
maybe like this.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2010, 01:13:16 AM »
hay sprok3t wear did you get the pic editing from.thats cool.
can I do that on my pc.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2010, 04:12:07 AM »
..yup, mine was blue....back in th day...

..i'm like axy, likes me some black...

..but i ride in the dark quite a bit, so i had to add some illumination...

..Super8 green would look cool too!!!
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

spr0k3t

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2010, 12:23:01 AM »
hay sprok3t wear did you get the pic editing from.thats cool.

can I do that on my pc.

Sure you can... best part is the software is 100% free to use and free to change complete with source code.  The software is extremely powerful and can be overwhelming at first.  Go to http://www.gimp.org and there's a download for Windows/Mac and instructions on how to get it for your Linux based operating system.  Me personally, I use Linux... the software is available already installed on many Linux distributions.  If you are using any apt based Linux distributions, you can just click this link: apt:gimp to download and install in one single click.

Once you have the software installed, here's how I made those quick changes in two minutes.

Start with Wand Select, pick the target of the area with the color you are wanting to change.  Use the Select Menu to feather by 2px and grow by 1px.  Once you have an area you are satisfied with, copy using CTRL-C followed by pasting with CTRL-V.  Click on the "New Layer" button in the layer toolbar (not the menu).  In the Layer Toolbar, change the layer type to HUE.  Go to the paint toolbar and select airbrush and the color you want.  Paint the new layer whatever color.  If you don't like the color, you can go into the Menu: Colors, Hue-Saturation and play with the output.

Just remember, I've been using Linux and Gimp for more than ten years now... Windows and Mac are completely foreign to me.  I encourage the use of a second operating system for all computer systems as a fallback/precautionary use.  I've rescued many a dead computer system with a Linux LiveCD.  Just make sure to use what works for you.

WT100

• 100 countries or bust, 74 so far.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2010, 01:11:55 AM »
If your going to rattle can it and want to do Super 8 green i found a very close match at Lows.  Gonna use it to do a bit of spicing up on mine. 

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2010, 01:18:19 AM »
..you can snag a cracked copy of paintshop pro off limewire too...lol..

:o
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()