Author Topic: Share Your GoPro Scooter Videos!  (Read 8193 times)

blackrod

• View Profile
Share Your GoPro Scooter Videos!
« on: October 11, 2014, 07:37:02 PM »
Hi Gang,

I wanted to start a post for people to share the GoPro scooter videos. It would be great to see what everybody is doing to capture the joy of riding scooters.

Here is my first GoPro short video 'Scooter Kingdom Come'.

Hope you all enjoy and look forward to seeing your videos.

Best,
Ross
 :) :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-9bPdQqLlI&google_comment_id=z12vs3kjxlbojts2q23ftzdrntn2vh1cw&google_view_type#gpluscomments
2011 Kymco Like 50 2T
Kymco Crash Bars
Malossi 70cc
Malossi Variator

boo

• I hate censorship people manipulate you
    • View Profile
nicley done !
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2014, 11:40:04 PM »
By what means did you mount your cam to your helmet?.
Epoxy?.
300GTI black
Pro 2A - member GOA & NRA

blackrod

• View Profile
Re: nicley done !
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2014, 12:47:54 AM »
By what means did you mount your cam to your helmet?.
Epoxy?.

Thanks for the feedback:).  I have a bunch of different mounts that I use.  Suction Mounts, RAM Mounts, Helmet Mounts and anything that allows me to mount the GoPro in every and any way.

2011 Kymco Like 50 2T
Kymco Crash Bars
Malossi 70cc
Malossi Variator

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
Re: Share Your GoPro Scooter Videos!
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2014, 04:29:09 AM »
Little too much Red Bull there at gas station , eh ?
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2014, 11:59:09 AM »
Hi Gang,

I wanted to start a post for people to share the GoPro scooter videos. It would be great to see what everybody is doing to capture the joy of riding scooters.

Best,
Ross

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-9bPdQqLlI&google_comment_id=z12vs3kjxlbojts2q23ftzdrntn2vh1cw&google_view_type#gpluscomments

Man I liked this....scooters in almost every shot!!!!
No offense folks ... but please don't ask me to watch 20 mins of your local pavement and shrubbery going by with your breathy commentary.....and not a scooter in sight!!!
This is (mostly) a scooter forum....not a blacktop or traffic or shrub forum!!!
Your relatives have to sit thru such videos.....but us impolite strangers will go look in your fridge until your"riding video" is over.
Just sayin,
No offense ........Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

boo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2014, 01:48:54 PM »
Thanks for the feedback:).  I have a bunch of different mounts that I use.  Suction Mounts, RAM Mounts, Helmet Mounts and anything that allows me to mount the GoPro in every and any way.

Exactly which mount did you use on your helmet?. Suction cup?.
Reason for asking is I use a Mobious action cam on my scooter. Am curious if the suction cup mounts are strong enough so one does not have to worry about loosing your camera.
At present, I have mine mounted on my handle bar grip but as you know, a helmet mount  is best.
ps: What cc is your Granturismo?. It is a nice looking scoot.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 02:11:31 PM by boo »
300GTI black

arcanum70

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2014, 03:08:05 PM »
Hi Gang,

Best,
Ross

Dang...I only have Contour scooter videos.  Always a brides maid, never a bride  :'(
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

blackrod

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2014, 05:32:17 PM »
Exactly which mount did you use on your helmet?. Suction cup?.
Reason for asking is I use a Mobious action cam on my scooter. Am curious if the suction cup mounts are strong enough so one does not have to worry about loosing your camera.
At present, I have mine mounted on my handle bar grip but as you know, a helmet mount  is best.
ps: What cc is your Granturismo?. It is a nice looking scoot.

I just used the curved adhesive on the helmet.  Although I will be getting a GoPole helmet mount in the future.  I have a suction mount that only works on the cowling or metal parts of the scooter.  I do not mount on the handlebars.  Or, meant to say, I have not mounted on handlebars yet.

I have a 05 GT200.  It is 200CC.
2011 Kymco Like 50 2T
Kymco Crash Bars
Malossi 70cc
Malossi Variator

boo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2014, 11:17:21 PM »
I just used the curved adhesive on the helmet.  Although I will be getting a GoPole helmet mount in the future.  I have a suction mount that only works on the cowling or metal parts of the scooter.  I do not mount on the handlebars.  Or, meant to say, I have not mounted on handlebars yet.

I have a 05 GT200.  It is 200CC.

Thanks for the feed back. Most manufacturers offer adheisive mount. I was curious as to how strong the mounts were.
I'm using a Moboius 1080p action cam. So far i'm pleased with it.
Have considered different mounting options.

ps: Saw your vid on Modern Vespa. It is a good vid.
300GTI black

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2014, 02:58:26 AM »
While my editing skills are nothing as good as yours, here's an old one of mine.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2014, 03:01:26 AM »

Sorry for the bad sound on this on, Spring Scoot 2011.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2014, 03:42:36 AM »
Did I mention, I'll be attempting to set a Guinness World Record for longest 49cc wheelie?

boo

• View Profile
thanks guys
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2014, 01:31:52 PM »
I enjoy watching scooter vids.
Will add one or two of mine when I get time.
300GTI black

boo

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2014, 11:11:53 PM »
While my editing skills are nothing as good as yours, here's an old one of mine.

Your scoot sounds strange. It goes varooom, varooom, varooom. ;D
300GTI black

wkreps

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2014, 05:42:47 PM »
Man I liked this....scooters in almost every shot!!!!
No offense folks ... but please don't ask me to watch 20 mins of your local pavement and shrubbery going by with your breathy commentary.....and not a scooter in sight!!!
This is (mostly) a scooter forum....not a blacktop or traffic or shrub forum!!!
Your relatives have to sit thru such videos.....but us impolite strangers will go look in your fridge until your"riding video" is over.
Just sayin,
No offense ........Stig
I understand but how is that different from your pics of lakes, sunrises, buildings at night, etc. I know they have your scoot in them and I think they are fabulous (your pics). I have emulated some of your pics I enjoy them so. Video has the opportunity to add a monolog which goes beyond the video. lots of times I watch the shrubs and trees go by just to listen to what the vlogger has to say. Again no offense taken just wanted to give you another idea of why some may like the shrubs. Happy Scooting and I look forward to some shrub pics posted just for me. :)
Wayne

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()