Author Topic: Downtown 350 Vibrations  (Read 2122 times)

courior

• View Profile
Downtown 350 Vibrations
« on: September 13, 2015, 02:45:21 AM »
Hi all.

Couldn't find the 350 area so posted in here.

I have a vibration from my scoot when at WOT.. if i roll on the throttle gently or leave it idle its smooth as butter. But when i go to overtake for example and give it a fist full it vibes a lot. I know its a bit different to the 300cc but does your scooters have the same sort of thing?

The other thing i noticed is that if you stand behind the scoot and wobble it left to right, there is a definite "clunk-clunk" sound coming from the motor mounts. Again i dont know if this is normal. The 125cc super 8 i had never had these things, but the 350 is a massive beast compared to that thing lol.

Pic ... as we all love pics!

Thanks!!

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
Re: Downtown 350 Vibrations
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2015, 05:25:22 AM »
nd how do you like the 350i love to hear from you ,. 

de dee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2015, 05:29:37 AM »
half of what I wrote is missing ,.   get the scooter repaired you have loose bolts or broken brace,.  it is a warranty thing,  it is a new scooter

de dee

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2015, 03:45:42 PM »
have you brought your scooter in for a check up at the dealer yet ,  do you have abs and traction control on it ,  have you ridden a 300i downtown for comparison,.  love to see one if they ever bring it to canada, or USA,.  is the seat good for hours of riding time, 

courior

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2015, 03:55:52 PM »
Took it back to the dealer and his mechanic said he managed to tighten up a couple of bolts a LITTLE but on the whole its 100% solid and as new (as expected). It is a LITTLE better..

I did notice that it doesnt ALWAYS vibrate. If i lets say go full throttle from the lights, the vibration sort of comes and goes with a rhythm and if i hit a bump it makes it worse for a half a second.. i think that basically there is nothing wrong and as im used to tiny 125cc single or 1200cc inline fours, this vibration is to be expected from a 320cc single running though a massive rubber band! This is first and only "big" scooter i have ridden, or "bigish" single cylinder. all my other 250cc+ bikes were twin or 4 cyl. I didnt ride a 300i yet, when the dealer gets some more stock of 300/350 i will go and try one :)

Its a bit like a guitar, when u strum it the whole thing vibrates and if u get the right note to match the resonance of the wood, it vibrates a lot more. I think then that the belt, which is thick and pretty hefty lump of rubber, is simply vibrating as normal and when i hit the natural resonance of the belt or a bump knocks it, it simple transmits more vibes to the rest of the bike.

The vibes are a high frequency not like a jackhammer so its not THAT bad at all really, im just being picky :) ... They call big singles "thumpers" for a reason i suppose :)

The actual scooter is awesome though, i can get from 0 to very illegal speeds in seconds and apart from looking amazing its sooooo comfy. I guess the 300 is quite similar (i never tried one).
I swapped a 125 super 8 and a Suzuki bandit 1200 to get this 350i. The 125 was too slow, and the bandit was too fast for this little island i live on (Malta) .. there is no roads here for a 1200cc monster and it just did burnouts everywhere. The 350 is pretty much the perfect balance of scooter nimbleness, and big bike power. It has MPG computer and other awesome gadgets, LCD Display and ABS and the list goes on. Im sure you 300cc owners got the same feeling when u got yours. If you are going to buy one and are thinking about it... stop thinking and get one! amazing scoot!

courior

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2015, 03:57:00 PM »
is the seat good for hours of riding time,

Nope... DAYS of riding time!! its is literally like sitting in an armchair.. esp if u put your feel on the top rests! Most confortable thing ive ever sat on haha

de dee

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2015, 09:32:26 PM »
  on my 300i downtown if I put my feet up in the top rests , my knees are up in the handle bars,  and I am sitting on the back seat, if I want to steer the scooter,.  so your 350 is a bigger scooter, for over 6 foot people

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()