Author Topic: Downtown 300 hesatates  (Read 5585 times)

sissy mary

• View Profile
Re: Downtown 300 hesatates
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2012, 01:21:31 PM »
As to the stearing, it sounds like the stearing head bearings are a little loose and need to be tightened. Also, a belt inside the front tire could have shifted inside the case-ing. Also, I wish they made stearing dampeners for scoots. with less weight on the front tire, (engine in rear, not middle of bike), the front wheel always seems a little lite and moves about to quickly. A dampener would stop this.  :-*

MotoRandy123

• Lets Ride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2012, 12:14:23 PM »
These bikes seem to vary a lot in performance when delivered. Some have significantly
lower top speeds. You have to figure out if it's in the trans or engine. Swapping from a
known good one should help! The trans consists of the variator, the rollers, the belt and
 the clutch assembly.

Things affecting takeoff speed are the clutch springs and pads. I  found the one's on my
 Yager have antirattle dots under them that are extremely tight, that would slow the
 engagement of the pads. Aftermarket springs are generally stronger to give a higher
RPM for clutch lock and you need weaker...

The variator face has a shape and can speedup and slowdown the RPM's as you accelerate.
My old Aprilia 500 would hold one RPM all the way to the top of the variator. The Yager is
all over the place so I wouls expect it is nonlinear.

If you swap the variator you must also swap the contra spring. This is the spring behind the
clutch. I noticed I could compress mine by hand at first but when I reassembled it I couldn't.
A weak contra spring will loose speed on hills, a strong one will need higher RPM's to shift up
(the same as lighter rollers).

Mine tops out at 60 MPH so I've been trying to see if some component is defective as it is
a 170cc! I still haven't come to any conclusions.. I hope this helps!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 12:16:32 PM by MotoRandy123 »
2012 Yager GT 200I - Southern NH

windwheeler

• View Profile
    • WindStrom windshields
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2014, 01:48:20 AM »
We swapped the ecu out with a new one from a new running one. Just like the belt etc. We have 3 here. 2 new and one with 750 miles. the one in question is new with 75 miles on it and the others were and are new and never had this problem.  You can sometimes hold the brake and rev up to about 4.2k rpm and it will go rum,rum,rum,rum. with the rpms changing with the sound.

So, has this ever been solved?  I see a lot of talk but no answer.  Please let us know.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2014, 02:22:55 AM »
Most everyone on this thread except GN2, and Sissy Mary have sadly passed. (forum wise)

Concentrate on the other threaad. Thay are all still alive, and biteing
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()