Author Topic: kymco cobra  (Read 3322 times)

blue

• View Profile
kymco cobra
« on: October 25, 2014, 02:35:31 AM »
Dont see much on here about the kymco cobra.I see theam saleing around here. Are they good scoots.

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
Re: kymco cobra
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 03:22:17 AM »
The cobra is a great little bike, fast, cool "off road" ish style. It uses the same 49cc two stroke motor as the people, sting and all the other two strokes. Has a analog tach, kinda cool. You CANNOT get plastics new from Kymco though, so make sure you get a clean one and keep it nice. They do 40 or better stock and last forever.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 05:21:49 AM »
It's a fun little bike. Everything B&L said.
Did I mention Little? Oh yeah... It's little. Like a Jog size... Little.

Adults can't really fit on them so most were destroyed by kids. They are little if I forgot to mention.
Little!

Ps... They are not big!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2014, 05:32:45 AM »
It's a fun little bike. Everything B&L said.
Did I mention Little? Oh yeah... It's little. Like a Jog size... Little.

Adults can't really fit on them so most were destroyed by kids. They are little if I forgot to mention.
Little!

Ps... They are not big!

How big are thay...REALLY,REALLY Big?? Or just Ubersized?

Can I carry my pet Elephant on it?

Will it tow my truck safely?
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2014, 06:59:01 AM »
Little. Teennie tiny, little.
 You can barely see them in the grass little. Big people have to have them surgically removed little. Your elephant would fit nicely tho IF it is on a charm bracelet.

Not Uber. It takes three weeks to cross the street little... Here. I'll show you...

"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2014, 08:51:27 AM »
Awesome!! I need one of those. MPG has to be superior !

Don't know, though... have to invest in more protective gear . ATTGAT , you know.
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2014, 08:55:16 AM »
Dont see much on here about the kymco cobra.I see theam saleing around here. Are they good scoots.

http://www.motorscooterguide.net/Kymco/Cobra-Cross/Cobra-Cross.html

Copared with the Spacer (1999) ...never heard of it, myself...you , Zombie??

« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 09:03:10 AM by bluesin »

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2014, 10:43:46 PM »
Never heard of a "spacer" myself... There is a Cobra Racer here in town but it has the 10" wheels.
It's in a shed about 1/4 mile toward town from me.
Like everything RedNeck... He has not run it in 8 years, but refuses to sell it.
The seats rotted out, the aluminum looks like steel wool (salt air), none of the cables move, and the cylinder is seized.
I offered 300, he wanted four. I asked again this spring, and he said he re-thunk it... 450.00. I really wanted to fix it up for someone. It's too small for any adult guy.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2014, 03:17:19 AM »
To small for a 6ft tall guy with long legs.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2014, 03:46:38 AM »
Even for a short guy w/ long legs. ;)

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2014, 03:58:13 AM »
To small for a 6ft tall guy with long legs.

The Cobra Cross had an interesting style that was a blend between an off-road and a sporty look. The overall result looks fine, but you can tell that Kymco has made great strides in design refinement since the years of the Cobra Cross. The Cobra Cross has a vertical (tall) motor and a decent amount of underseat storage, which means that Kymco gave the Cobra Cross quite a high seat height of 33” (28-30” is normal). Accordingly, short legged riders should look elsewhere.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2014, 04:13:54 AM »
The Cross is the 12" wheel version (off road, sort of). Thus the seat height.

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2014, 05:24:00 AM »
The cobra has a horizontal motor, not vertical. If that's what you meant by tall. Same engine as the people, yup, sing, etc.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2014, 08:56:23 AM »
Zombie and B&L...You both win the prizefor thecorrect answer !!    8)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2014, 12:32:45 PM »
123 Main st. Carrabelle. I don't want a puppy tho.

I hope that prize is a monkey.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()