Author Topic: UXV 700 heavy duty springs  (Read 829 times)

ozhills

• View Profile
UXV 700 heavy duty springs
« on: February 27, 2022, 09:53:27 PM »
Has anyone replaced the rear springs with something stronger to support heavier loads in the back?

I want to carry a spray unit (say 300kg when full of water), and in my experience, the steering suffers badly when there is a heavy load in the back.  I'm aware of the recommended weight limit, hence this question.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: UXV 700 heavy duty springs
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2022, 12:39:15 PM »
To be clear ---  you're not asking if changing the Springs will increase your vehicles weight limit?

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2022, 05:27:42 PM »
I havev the 450 model and also use a 30 gallon boom sprayer. I have never found heavier springs, in fact having a hard time finding shocks!!!  I do find that adjusting my springs all the way up helps the rear handle the weight.  Steering is better, but you wont make any sharp turns with all the extra weight !!!

poorboy1964

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2022, 08:04:14 PM »
Has anyone replaced the rear springs with something stronger to support heavier loads in the back?

I want to carry a spray unit (say 300kg when full of water), and in my experience, the steering suffers badly when there is a heavy load in the back.  I'm aware of the recommended weight limit, hence this question.

Logged in here looking to see if anyone has had any luck finding heavy springs or taller rear springs. I have a back seat in mine that gets used often and the springs have sagged badly.
Did you ever find anything? I may try added spring spacers for even more pre load.

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2022, 03:21:07 PM »
The springs are over the shocks so take measurements and find a spring shop, they can custom make coil springs to your specs. You will need to maintain the same ID and length but the wire could be thicker to handle the extra weight.  Be aware that wgen you give extra strength to one part, another part will fail due to extra strain.  By going beyond designed capacity, things start to break more often!!!!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()