Author Topic: 2011 UXV 500 will start and Idle, but not accelerate  (Read 1922 times)

kyle01041981

• View Profile
2011 UXV 500 will start and Idle, but not accelerate
« on: January 09, 2014, 09:04:43 PM »
I have a 2011 Kymco 500 UXV.  It will start and idle fine, but will not accelerate without dying.  I had been easing around the yard one day and as i was pulling up to park, it died (Never an issue prior).  It started back just fine and will idle, but when you press the gas pedal it dies.  I had ran it sort of low on fuel and thought maybe it had pulled some trash into the carb.  I changed the fuel filter and took the carb apart and cleaned it.  I still have the same issue.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?  What should i check next?

Thanks!

UXVBB

• View Profile
Re: 2011 UXV 500 will start and Idle, but not accelerate
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 01:53:05 AM »
Have you had any luck? Just curious...

Macman

• View Profile
2011 UXV 500 will start and Idle, but not accelerate
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 08:10:40 AM »
Does the carb model have a fuel pump?  Maybe it's not filling the carb bowl.  Could your floats be stuck shut as well?  If you truly cleaned your jets it sounds like a fuel delivery issue.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 UXV 500 will start and Idle, but not accelerate
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 08:58:28 AM »
Do a compression test, and a valve adjustment.
What does your spark plug look like?

I had water in the tank once, and it acted exactly the same as yours. The idle jet is higher in the bowl than the main so it did idle fine but the main pulled the water, and killed it every time.

Maybe one of these ideas will help.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()