Author Topic: Nice Sunday afternoon ride around Vienna  (Read 1059 times)

vespbretta

• "Be the change that you wish to see in the world."
    • View Profile
Nice Sunday afternoon ride around Vienna
« on: April 30, 2017, 05:33:15 PM »
Finally I can keep my promises I made long time ago here. Here are some pictures from my todays afternoon cowboy ride on my cured horse with brand new "horseshoes".  ;D
Hope you´ll enjoy too. I did.  ;) :)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 05:51:44 PM by vespbretta »
Cheers,
Robo

Kymco Like LX 200i white/blue 2014; FACO Rear Crash Bars; Kymco Front Crash Bar; Puig Windshield Traffic;  Shido Battery LTX9-BS LION; 13gr. Dr. Pulley sliders and sliding pieces; Throttle control; Full synth. 10W-50 Motor- & Synth Gearoil; modified Topcase; Italian Badges and Stickers

vespbretta

• View Profile
Re: Nice Sunday afternoon ride around Vienna
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2017, 05:53:37 PM »
4 more...
Cheers,
Robo

Kymco Like LX 200i white/blue 2014; FACO Rear Crash Bars; Kymco Front Crash Bar; Puig Windshield Traffic;  Shido Battery LTX9-BS LION; 13gr. Dr. Pulley sliders and sliding pieces; Throttle control; Full synth. 10W-50 Motor- & Synth Gearoil; modified Topcase; Italian Badges and Stickers

vespbretta

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2017, 05:55:08 PM »
2 more...
Cheers,
Robo

MJR

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2017, 06:29:26 PM »
Very nice indeed, wish I had a scoot when I was visiting years ago I would have been all over with it!
'03 Clipper Yellow Honda Reflex
'03 Coast Cyan Atlantic 500
'14 White MyRoad 700i
'09 Mirage White Burgman 650
'06 Oort Gray Burgman 650 project
'05 Sonic Silver Burgman 650 project
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650, rebuilt/upgraded CVT w/Polish adapter
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650 parts bike

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2017, 12:02:55 AM »
Hey Robo !

Great pictures....of Austria and of your new Heidenaus. Thanks so much!

Looking at this picture I was struck by the two mounting points for these (FACO ?) crash bars.
They seem to be attached and supported by only the two body panel fasteners...which are only screw spring clips...like these? Bolted through a panel only, to another plastic panel?

While the KYMCO crash bars are bolted to the FRAME under the top case, and at 4 points on the floor of the scooter.

The FACO bars, attached thusly, seem like they would break the panel at the 2 screw points if hit.

Also, can you tell me a web site for shopping FACO scooter accessories ? (for the LIKE or a Burgman?)

Nice photos indeed.

Stig

A vintage photo of mine....before the seat massacre and the addition of the lighted Bestem top case
Actually, this pretty seat is wrapped and in a closet - for the next owner - the rebuilt seat was to a used seat from a LIKE50cc on eBay.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 12:07:05 AM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

vespbretta

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2017, 10:00:25 AM »
Yes Tom, well observed.  :) The Faco crashbars are out of stock long time ago. Just got one of the last ones at my dealer randomly in 2014. Faco mostly produces accessoires for Vespa scooters. I have the rear luggage rack in chrome also, but not installed yet. I need the topbox for my helmet and stuff to store and carry.
http://www.facosrl.com/
https://www.scooterwest.com/pv_items/Faco/global/25

And yes, they are just called crashbars... ;D As you have correctly discovered, they are just mounted on the two small bolts on the side of the side cover. Clearly a contruction failure. In case of a hit, most likely the s**t will hit the fan.  :o
I bought them anyways, because I liked them better for the design than the ones you have. The ones you have are more practical and more protective, but I didn´t like the "handrail"-style going around the whole scooter.
Tires are a real improvement. On- and offroad. And they run smoothly and quietly. Only when taking the scooter from centerstand and pushing it by hand a litte forward or backward you will feel a little bit the wider and more open thread profile. And great grip in dry conditions so far. On cobble roads, across rail tracks, Also in fast riden corners. ;) Haven´t tested them in the wet, but I am pretty confident.
But being reinforced tires front and back, they feel pretty harsh too. No real improvement here after the Kendas. But probably indestructible and I could load an elephant now...  ;D 8)
Cheers,
Robo

GLV55

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2017, 06:26:37 AM »
Beautiful scenery! Thanks for posting for us to drool over.  :)
2014 Lance PCH 150
2007 Kymco People 150 (totaled by a drunk, Oct. 2013)
Nampa, ID

kingkymco125

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2017, 06:07:52 PM »
Those are some nice pictures from Austria.
David M.  Las Vegas, Nevada
New 2012 Kymco Agility 125cc bike

Scooter Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2017, 12:44:36 PM »
Really nice photos of some gorgeous countryside and a fine looking scooter as well.
2003 Honda Silverwing ABS
2005 Kymco Bet and Win 250

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()