Author Topic: why up grade  (Read 2099 times)

denali

• View Profile
why up grade
« on: March 06, 2012, 03:59:43 PM »
My 125 will cruise at 50 easily, the super 8 150  not that much more cruise speed. Has bigger wheels that I like but where will any other advantage be. Like to know your opinion. Thanks

mckayprod

• View Profile
Re: why up grade
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 11:13:29 PM »
I'm thinking the same thing...I'd like an S200, but it isn't much faster than the Agility 125 I'm used to, so why not get the cheaper Super 8?  My dealer has both.  So many choices.

denali

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 01:35:01 AM »
your right mack, the  super 8 would be the way to go over the s200. they rounded the cc's off up to 200 and it is only 163 cc. and a much higher price tag for larger wheels, 16 vs 14.. A local dealer here has a leftover sym hd200,09 for the same price as a super8. the sym 200 will run rings around the super8 but it is still an 09.

Jim Moore

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 02:09:04 PM »
I dont' see a reason to ever get a scooter bigger than a 125. Any bigger and you'd be better off with a small motorcycle. The beauty of the scooter is it's size and weight. IMO you should be looking for the smallest scooter that will fit your needs.

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 02:41:46 PM »
I dont' see a reason to ever get a scooter bigger than a 125. Any bigger and you'd be better off with a small motorcycle. The beauty of the scooter is it's size and weight. IMO you should be looking for the smallest scooter that will fit your needs.

I agree with you but set my limits at around 250 cc AND price of the vehicle. :)
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

mckayprod

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2012, 04:54:30 AM »
The SMALLEST scooter that will meet your needs...damn, that's just contrary enough to work!  I guess as long as it'll do 55 honest mph with me and luggage aboard, I can tour to my heart's content.  But what about ergonomics?  I like to stretch out a little more than I can on the Agility.

Jim Moore

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2012, 12:53:04 PM »
The SMALLEST scooter that will meet your needs...damn, that's just contrary enough to work!  I guess as long as it'll do 55 honest mph with me and luggage aboard, I can tour to my heart's content.  But what about ergonomics?  I like to stretch out a little more than I can on the Agility.

That's kinda my point. If you need something bigger than a 125, you'd be better off on a motorcycle. Once the bike is over 300 lbs and has 16 inch rims you're negated the reasons to have a scooter in the first place.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2012, 06:35:44 AM »
I got a scooter because it has a big utility storage box and a floor (for loading stuff) and CVT. I will get a motorcycle not as an upgrade but because it serves a different purpose. For sports riding and speed rides.

MrKymco

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2012, 01:07:57 PM »
i like the smaller scooters and do agree....small as possible.  but bigger scoots are still scoots, and some like the Downtown 300i manage to be "big" but still feel small to ride

Downtown is a lot of big plastics and that is good for road presence and storage. but underneath is a smaller frame and its fairly lightweight. it also has smallish wheels

i do think "big wheeled" scoots are still scoots and have their advantages for some over motorcycles. i much prefer the chair style sitting position of  a scoot over the straddle type of a cycle, for instance. something like the SYM HD 200 is most def a scoot in this regard

also whoever said they can get a new Sym hd 200 for the same as a Super 8? that is a deal too good to pass up idc if it is a 2009!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 01:10:47 PM by MrKymco »
scoots!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()