Author Topic: Cloud 9 ~ Areomyst's LC Super 9 Project (TSG Tuned)  (Read 37270 times)

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
Re: Cloud 9 ~ Areomyst's LC Super 9 Project (TSG Tuned)
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2010, 03:19:43 PM »
sooooo, i'm going to ask a real dumb ? here ppl..... so the lc is better than the ac models of s9's???......any input is greatly appreciated..... ;).
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2010, 04:39:24 PM »
Dang, bat, if you've got your eye on L/C S9, and you get it before me, I'm gonna be sooo Jealous! :P :D

If I had the chance to get one and I could afford it I would jump on it for sure...

Another thing with the L/C S9, being they are no longer made here, they have that 'collector's item' type of value tacked on. Kymco has other L/C models, but are they as sporty looking as the S9?? If you're looking in the 50cc range then this is an awesome ride. These scoots can be great for racing...

I'll let other folks talk about the performance and longevity value of the liquid cooled engine, but if you find one and don't snatch it up you may later wish you had...

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2010, 05:10:11 PM »
damnitt man, waiting on a phone call about one actually.... a s9lc or a vitality 4t or a chinesse scoot
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2010, 05:27:02 PM »
Well, Damnit, Man...call 'em back, or email 'em back...lol. If you pick that chinese scoot over the L/C 2t S9 somebody oughtta kick your A$$!! :D ;) ;D

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2010, 05:55:15 PM »
well i just talked to the guy..it needs the plastic at the speedo, ignition, speedo cable, socket for front turn signals.. been painted black.. right year tho for sure.. :D ;)  i wonder if its been hot at some point being painted, ignition gone.(said key broke off in switch, so just removed it,using cdi to start(idk)).. he wants $700... dam, i wish some others were here to chime in on this... its local too. ;).  seems a bit much for no paperwork,etc......evrybody????.....everybody???........anybody else?... anybody?? ??? ??? :-\ :-\ ::) :D
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

Hoolander2

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2010, 06:24:20 PM »
Don't know about these particular models but, in general, LC is gonna be better, faster, more dependable than AC.  It won't have that drop off in performance when warmed up that you find with AC.   Sounds like this one in question has had the sh_t run out of it though.  >:(  May be looking at major rebuild/repairs.

I've read threads here which all state the LC Super 9 is great, though.

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2010, 06:28:47 PM »
yeah he said this one runs like a champ; but the keys/ignition being gone and no sort of papers, painted over for that price may be iffy just for that fact... ;) well the speedo cable, not knowing the true miles kindof sux too... :D. said wouldnt take less..
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2010, 07:35:37 PM »
Well dang...sounds like it could take hundreds of $$ and some hassles on that one. I Hate that 'broken speedo' thingy...ya just never know...could be true, could be a lie...Was it the year(s) with the recall for that engine mount?? The S9 model is a good one, but not sure about this one...:(

Areomyst

• Scootin' America!
    • View Profile
    • American Scooter Forum - Scooter Invasion
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2010, 02:38:17 AM »
Batman,

I've got an LC Super 9 in stock that needs crank bearings, waterpump, and top end rebuild  I've got the parts to fix it.  It has a Next-R exhaust.  Everything else works if I remember correctly.  If the owner does not pick it up by January 1st, it's going up for sale. 

I also have a 2007 Aprilia SR50 with (please sit down) 15,000 miles (not kilometers) on it.  Still gotta fix it though.  Might be worth your drive if I get it wrapped up. ;)

$700 for a scooter of questionable origin is not a good deal at all.

Anyway, not trying to spam it up, but thought I'd let you know. :(  Shoot me an e-mail or give me a call if I can help.

~Josh

www.scooterinvasion.net - Tech help, repairs & tuning.

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2010, 03:34:35 AM »
thebatman would look good on either one of those scoots! I do wonder if that SR50 is the one with the fuel injection. I hope he sees this soon.

Dang, Josh, you work too much! :D Hope you have a nice holiday.

Areomyst

• Scootin' America!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2010, 06:44:14 AM »
Yeah, it's the injected version with the Morini engine.  It had a crack in the oil line, but everything in the engine looks good.  I'm going to have a closer look at it this upcoming week. 

Today I finished an 80cc build on a Vespa LX50, and put a performance camshaft in as well.

The scooter performed off the line very well, and steadily climbed up to about an indicated 49 mph on a flat.  Up hill it would maintain the mid 30's well enough, and down hill it would peg the speedo.  The setup was:

Malossi 80cc cylinder kit
Malossi Camshaft
Naraku 82 main jet

I should have taken more photos - but oh well.  Camera has been goofy lately, and stopping to take photos all the time really slows things down. :)

~Josh

sony930

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2011, 07:41:20 AM »
hi, i'm a newbe.  i recently brought an 08 super 9.  i would like to derestrict it.  it's goes about 40 mph now.  not trying to do anything crazy with it.  just wants to derestrict, so it's free to go as fast as it was meant to go stock.  anyway, never worked with a scooter before.  so, pictures and details explanations would greatly helped.  sorry, about being ignorant about the subject in advance, but if the project is too hard, i'm willing to take it to a mechanics to have it 'fix.'

sparky69

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2011, 01:40:52 AM »
I'm planning on a rebuild on my '04 S9. Any advice? Big bore kit, pipe etc.
It will be a project and since we live in Alabama, no restrictions!

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2011, 11:50:08 AM »
Areomyst isnt a full time member here these days, he has hit the busy season again.. Some of us left here cause of certain things. You should start your very own s9 thread in the s9 board. Cloud 9 has been a ongoing project for quite awhile now
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

Areomyst

• Scootin' America!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2012, 12:29:56 AM »
Areomyst isnt a full time member here these days, he has hit the busy season again.. Some of us left here cause of certain things. You should start your very own s9 thread in the s9 board. Cloud 9 has been a ongoing project for quite awhile now

Quite true.  Until lately, I haven't even had much time to spend on Scooter Invasion.  I still pop over to Kymcoforum once in a while though. 

I haven't made much progress on my own Super 9 - though I've done all kinds of stuff to lots and lots of other ones.   

I got my handlebars on, and seat in, etc:

~Josh

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()