Author Topic: PHBG installatin help please  (Read 18713 times)

TheAmishSasquatch

• View Profile
Re: PHBG installatin help please
« Reply #135 on: September 20, 2015, 06:21:25 PM »
Today I decided to tinker with the 9 again. After a little trial and more trial, I got the bike idling on its own  ;D  After a bit more tinkering I found a somewhat rideable setup. Currently running a 108 main and an unmarked idle from that came stock with the carb. The 38 was lean and my only other options were a 40, 48, and the unmarked jet. Since the mix seemed way out, I figured a 40 is still too lean. The 48 Bogged down so I figured it's too rich. The unmarked is ( I assume ) in the 44-47 range. Being that those are both odd sizes and the fact it came stock; I think it's safe to say that it's probably a 45 idle jet. I orignally was running (if you can call it that) a 100 main which caused a sputter an bogging throttle at WOT. Since my options here again are very limited I chose the 108 over the other options of 60, 75, 80,110. I'm planning to take the bike to school tomorrow. I have noticed a smell of rubber or possible clutch, so I think I will try a ride with the Hoca roller bearing base, removed.

Triesandluth

• Getting it, a mile per hour at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 22, 2015, 06:48:15 PM »
That bearing case puts a lot of extra tension on the torque spring.  I was thinking of putting in my malossi white spring,  but I've wore it in enough now that I get a good pickup of rpm from almost any speed between 0 and 40.
Glad you're finally getting her dialed in!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Almost...at...speed...limit... Aww, brake lights..

TheAmishSasquatch

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 23, 2015, 01:57:00 PM »
I'm getting great acceleration from standing to 80kms but once the bike is warm and been ride hard for 30 mins or so, I notice that when I go from  a WOT stretch to stop at a red light, the CVT stays in slightly higher rpm longer then I'd expect. I figure the roller bearing cap is just doing its job as they're designed to keep rpm up for course racing and to maintain rpm band coming out of turns. I guess it's just not the best for street stop n go traffic. Not bad, but not ideal either. :\

Triesandluth

• Getting it, a mile per hour at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 24, 2015, 05:35:16 AM »
Yeah,  mine too.  It took me a while to get used to. My biggest issue with traffic is the clutch wanting to jerk when trying not to go full on into the car that is in front of me.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Almost...at...speed...limit... Aww, brake lights..

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()