Author Topic: CELP Light  (Read 1665 times)

nplenzick

• View Profile
    • Nick Plenzick Enterprises.com
CELP Light
« on: November 20, 2011, 11:18:44 PM »
Today when my wife was out riding her Yager the CELP Light came on from time to time.  I test rode it, under hard acceleration it will come on then go off. It is not being over rev-ed and seems to run just fine, no other issues at all.
I thought I saw a posting somewhere on this forum about someone having a similar issue but I can't find it under search.
Any ideas?   

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: CELP Light
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 04:11:10 PM »
First of all, I DO NOT REALLY KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT HOW THIS LIGHT WORKS. However, I have a couple of ideas. The book says specifically that over-revving will turn it on but you knew that. It also says generally it keeps tabs on the fuel and electrical systems. I do not think this set-up is as sophisticated as a car or pickup but MAY have some sensors for fuel pressure and volts. Whatever sensors it may have their data goes to the computer before they are displayed like the tachometer. These CELP lights are too general and info is not shared with the owner and I would guess not many dealer mechanics.

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

nplenzick

• View Profile
    • Nick Plenzick Enterprises.com
Re: CELP Light
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 02:42:00 AM »
Well today I had a chance to check some things out before we went for a ride. Checked valves made sure they were still properly adjusted, they were. Checked spark plug, gap was slightly out of spec at .030 plug looked good. Replaced with new one and gaped at 025. Replaced  battery with another I had. My wife took it out for a 20 mile or so ride and all is fine, I took it out for a few miles and ran it hard and no fault light appeared. Not sure what the problem was, I found no lose hoses or anything else. I can't believe that the spark plug could have caused the light to come on. That leaves the battery, it's the only other thing that I change. It's possible I only cleared the codes by disconnecting the battery, I'm not sure. She'll take it out this Sunday and we'll see what happens, if it comes  back on I'll report it here and take it to the dealer.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()