Author Topic: Front Suspension question (2016 Xciting 500)  (Read 1050 times)

ClayMation

• View Profile
Front Suspension question (2016 Xciting 500)
« on: February 28, 2018, 05:04:39 AM »
Hi all,

So ever since I got my bike back from my clutch assembly replacement it feels like it's not been handling bumps the best.

I started thinking that my rear shocks were set improperly so I set them back to proper setting. But still, bumps are translating more than they did before the assembly replacement.

My first question is, is there anything remotely related to the front suspension that is needs to be taken off or messed around with in order to get to the clutch assembly?

Secondly, I just got my 8000k service done and I feel as if the suspension has not improved in terms of handling bumps, in fact I have been getting move movement and vibration from the front end in general since the clutch assembly was replaced.

The ride is just not as smooth.

One thing is, I have an appointment next Friday to get all 5 rollers replaced due to flat spots on them.

Not sure at all if there is any relation.

Thoughts?

hypophthalmus

• View Profile
Re: Front Suspension question (2016 Xciting 500)
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 04:50:55 PM »
There's definitely no reason to touch the front suspension when working on the transmission, and probably not the back suspension either.

It's possible for vibration from the CVT to transmit elsewhere in the bike though.

ClayMation

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 07:35:34 PM »
There's definitely no reason to touch the front suspension when working on the transmission, and probably not the back suspension either.

It's possible for vibration from the CVT to transmit elsewhere in the bike though.

Which could be caused by Flat Rollers?

hypophthalmus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 12:43:07 AM »
Maybe if they wore unevenly for some reason?

I suggested it because it sounds like it started vibrating more when they did work on the CVT, but I'm not really sure what might actually be causing any new vibration.

Edit: unless they accidentally put the rollers back in the wrong way.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 12:45:17 AM by hypophthalmus »

xsel777

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2018, 06:44:50 AM »
Putting in the rollers the wrong way is a real thing. It happened to me, and the inner metal weight moved out of the outer plastic/nylon roller, and started grinding the wall of the roller path of the variator, which I had to have replaced at my own expense as the machie said it did not matter which way they went in.

Sent from my Mi Max using Tapatalk

2010 Kymco Xciting 500Ri-Dark Blue

ClayMation

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2018, 05:40:39 PM »
Guys,

The Technician at Berts megamall examined the rollers and found identical flat spots on all 5 during my 8,000 mile service.

So this Friday I am having those replaced for free by Kymco.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()