Author Topic: on to the Brake Pads!  (Read 1486 times)

zevsdad

• View Profile
on to the Brake Pads!
« on: January 04, 2016, 07:57:44 PM »
OK- slider instal complete! Now its on to the brake pads. I can hear a very distinct SQUEEEEEK everytime I brake- I thinks its safe to conclude that I need to change out the pads. Is this a relatively simple task?
-what tools will I need
- what pads should I order
- what is the process

thanks in advance guys!

PS. I have an interesting little story to tell-off topic- but anyway- I was riding down my street minding my own peaceful business-enjoying the great weather and the wonderful ride on my gti300 when I passed a lady with 2 big dogs-she was holding them back as I passed cause dogs really tend to freak out at us 2 wheeled motorists I've noticed. so when I pass she yells " I should let the dogs go next time ASSHOLE!"

I was perplexed- so I did what any sane person would do, I turned around in the middle of the road and wen back to find out what the hell this woman's problem was.

Turns out it was a case of mistaken identity-some other guy on a scooter apparently yelled at her husband. When she saw my gti up close she realized her mistake and said" oh yeah he was riding a much smaller vehicle than yours sorry about that."

agilebda

• View Profile
Re: on to the Brake Pads!
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 12:33:01 PM »
Give me your email address. I will send you a few screenshots from cyclepedia. Relatively easy job for brake pads. Hopefully the set screws are not seized in the caliper. If your bike is new, it shouldn't be a problem.
Send me a PM.

zevsdad

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 04:56:14 PM »
Not sure which Pads to go with.

Kymco monster has the OEM pads for 49 bucks a set--so I'm looking at 100 for front and rear ( they are the exact same pads for the front and th rear.

What do you guys think-does it make sense to pay the extra $$$ and go with OEM for the pads?

the other option is to go with EBS-but there seems to be some ? regrading which pads are the coorect fit..... EBC book says SFA 324 and SFA607

agilebda

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2016, 11:55:32 PM »
OEM always good decision.
Won't hurt to try the aftermarket though

zevsdad

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2016, 02:32:06 PM »
well Kymco monster has the pads for 49 bucks each- i was all set to fire off an order, when I got to the 20$ shipping charge! forget it. Please someone tell me where I can order front and rear brake pads for my 2012 People 300GTi.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 06:55:34 PM by zevsdad »

agilebda

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2016, 09:47:41 PM »
Yeah those pads are quite pricey! Kymco knows how to make their money on the necessity parts!
For that price, look how long they'll last you.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()