Author Topic: roller weights  (Read 1232 times)

gauth42

• View Profile
roller weights
« on: April 03, 2015, 04:13:41 PM »
ROLLER WEIGHTS : can anyone explain how changing the weight up or down will effect performance??
As far as RPM  and TOP SPEED??

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

blue

• View Profile
Re: roller weights
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 12:51:45 AM »
The lighter the faster the take off.

gauth42

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2015, 04:00:28 PM »
Thanks for your replay ,It was very much appreciated !!
What do you think about drilling out roller weights to change the weight??
Also when I bought my Kymco cobra I also purchased a shop manual ,
On the cover page was a 50cc and a 100cc modal.My question is, how can I locate a 100cc Kit
 as an up grade??

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2015, 05:04:02 PM »
Thanks for your replay ,It was very much appreciated !!
What do you think about drilling out roller weights to change the weight??
Also when I bought my Kymco cobra I also purchased a shop manual ,
On the cover page was a 50cc and a 100cc modal.My question is, how can I locate a 100cc Kit
 as an up grade??

The 100cc is not available as a "kit" because the 100cc model uses a different crankcase, piston, cylinder, crankshaft etc. You can easily get 70cc kit to fit your 49cc engine case. It would be $$$$$ to swap to the 100cc setup, and have to order parts from different countries. It is ok to shave weight off rollers, but I would suggest using a Dremel to GRIND off the brass instead of a drill. Make sure you have an accurate scale that can go down to the hundredth and make the weights as even as possible.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()